+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Plenty of water
    Lavender oil
    Caffeine
    Magnesium (some magnesium high foods include oats and dried herbs)
    Fresh air
    Minimising screen time. At work it could be worth talking to an OHS rep about screen brightness, glare on the screen from other sources, and the best ways to minimise damage from screen time (looking around the room every 15 mins or so will re-set your eyes so they don't get fatigued, for eg)

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    a chiro - pregnancy caused a spinal misalignment and that was giving me headaches. only took 2 visits to sort out. I then went monthly to keep up the readjustments.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Chiro!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Osteo! I was having awful headaches and my Osteo sorted them out in one visit, I've kept going to keep on top of it, which has had the added bonus of also keeping on top of my pelvic instability which is almost non-existent now as a result.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've tried those migraine sticks before pregnancy and didn't work for me sorry!!!

I've found remedial massage helped my headaches before pregnancy.

In pregnancy nothing really helped me but lying down. I get headaches all the time. Panadol helped take the edge off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Tissue salts or magnesium or caffeine when not pregnant!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Get a Migrastick from the chemist. I think it's ok to use while pregnant. Works wonders.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    I've tried those migraine sticks before pregnancy and didn't work for me sorry!!!

I've found remedial massage helped my headaches before pregnancy.

In pregnancy nothing really helped me but lying down. I get headaches all the time. Panadol helped take the edge off.
    I have been reluctant to buy one, I'm not a believer, but maybe I can be proven wrong lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Try sinus massage if you think it's sinus-related. Massage the pressure point on either side of your nose where the three facial bone plates meet (you can feel it if you search with your fingers). Hot steaming bowls of water with a towel over your head and a drop or two of lavender help.

If you wear glasses, massage the bit of skin at the top of your ear where it meets your head. This holds LOTS of tension if your a glasses-wearer.

Aside from the other medical headache relievers previosly mentioned, try an aspirin and a cup of real coffee. The aspirin thins your blood, while the caffeine dilates the blood vessels at the base of your skull and this relieves the headache...works on my migraines...sometimes. A hot-ish bath works wonders, too.

Haven't tried the Migrastick, but remember hearing good reviews.

All it takes is a drop of 1pc or so in the water content in your system to give you a headache. Drink water if you feel you have a headache coming on!
    Last edited by BaronessM; 04-06-2012 at 19:50. Reason: I can't spell Lavender!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Acupuncture