+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Give me your headache remedies. Natural or drugs!

Hi,

I am 18+2weeks pregnant and have been getting headaches almost daily, they arent debilitating headaches but they are pounding enough to just be annoying. I am trying to be good with my water intake, I take panadol when they get too much but can anyone recommend me their remedies??!

TIA!

somewhere between a rock and a hard place
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm the same, and I'm finding gently massaging my temples, neck and shoulders with a few drops of lavendar oil (in almond oil) really helps. If it's gets really bad I guilt DH into scalp massage I'm also finding some basic yoga stretches and 5-10 minutes of deep breathing/meditation really helping too (but I suspect my headaches are stress induced as well as hormonal)
    Make sure you mention it to your dr too, just in case it's blood pressure related!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subscribing because me too!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't really got any cures for them... but do you clench your teeth / jaw? Because tensing them creates pressure and gives you headaches starting from your jaw. I've been getting the same as you and I always have a tense neck and grind my teeth (have to use a mouth guard at night) same as my mother, so if you do do the tensing thing (maybe you do without realizing especially when stressed) try relaxing a bit, stretch your neck by pressing your ear to your shoulder, then slowly rolling it to the other side looking down, then go back to the first ear by rolling your head slowly backwards/facing up (I hope this makes sense lol) and then back the other way I find that helps. I can feel my neck grinding but it;s a good relieving sort of feeling. massage your shoulders and neck bones, you can feel pressure points where the tension comes from and just gently massage the most tender parts. Usually the middle of your neck, the first neck bone that connects to your head, and around your shoulders. I also get really bad headaches from a bad shoulder I have due to a car accident three years ago, it causes my whole arm to go numb and hurt at times so I've learned to massage the headaches away by finding my pressure points so just some gentle tension relieving stretches and noting to yourself to not tense your jaw and clench your teeth cause that will help prevent them

Me: 21
    Due Date (first baby): 10.12.2012

Thanks
    Reviews
    I take Panadeine.. Find the added kick of codeine is better than plain old panadol. I also go for massages (tho it's starting to get expensive) and see a chiro - got an adjustment today and it's made my 3 day headache disappear!!!

Lotsa stretches as well, that helps. And I find like an ice gel (menthol) massaged into the neck helps loosen the muscles too. Some OBs don't recommend it, but my OB said its fine so I use it coz it really helps my migraines.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Magnesium

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gluteousmaximus View Post
    I haven't really got any cures for them... but do you clench your teeth / jaw? Because tensing them creates pressure and gives you headaches starting from your jaw. I've been getting the same as you and I always have a tense neck and grind my teeth (have to use a mouth guard at night) same as my mother, so if you do do the tensing thing (maybe you do without realizing especially when stressed) try relaxing a bit, stretch your neck by pressing your ear to your shoulder, then slowly rolling it to the other side looking down, then go back to the first ear by rolling your head slowly backwards/facing up (I hope this makes sense lol) and then back the other way I find that helps. I can feel my neck grinding but it;s a good relieving sort of feeling. massage your shoulders and neck bones, you can feel pressure points where the tension comes from and just gently massage the most tender parts. Usually the middle of your neck, the first neck bone that connects to your head, and around your shoulders. I also get really bad headaches from a bad shoulder I have due to a car accident three years ago, it causes my whole arm to go numb and hurt at times so I've learned to massage the headaches away by finding my pressure points so just some gentle tension relieving stretches and noting to yourself to not tense your jaw and clench your teeth cause that will help prevent them

Me: 21
    Due Date (first baby): 10.12.2012
    Thank you! I have noticed my jaw/tension however I am suffering terrible with sinus/congestion which I have never in my life experienced til this pregnancy! Wonder if that's related?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I agree with magnesium supplements

Thanks
    Reviews
    Drink plenty of water! You may be getting headaches from being dehydrated.

Also you could try looking up pressure points to help relieve headaches.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the tips everyone.. Has anyone tried a migrastick (I think that's what they are called?).