+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Baby jogger city elite toddler seat

Sorry for another pram thread...Seems to be a few at the moment.
    I have a dilemma. I have a BJ city elite which I absolutely love, but expecting baby #2 in Dec, and the toddler seat has been recalled.

My DS will be 2 when baby arrives so I know he'll be able to walk short distances with me, but I really enjoy going for decent walks.

I'm debating whether to find a second hand jump seat, or buy a new pram. Has anyone used the city elite with toddler seat? Would love any opinions.

If I decide to get a new pram, I think of the doubles, only the BJ city select would fit in my car. It's narrower than the elite, and the sears can go in the front seat of they don't fit in the boot. But any other suggestions would be very welcome!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was in the exact same position.. Any 2nd hand toddler seats that we found for sale were going for at least full retail price and in some cases even more $.

We decided to get a new double pram for DD and bub and went with the Baby Jogger City Mini GT. We will keep the Elite and eventually sell the double GT when DD doesn't need it anymore.

An alternative you can look into if you still have your receipt for the elite is to contact Baby Jogger Aust and they were offering trade-in or discounts of some description for those people who ended up in the situation that you and I are in! (after over 2 years, we couldn't find our receipt though )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks MyPossum. Sounds like you have a good plan but I'm not sure we can afford a new pram without selling the first one. Decisions, decisions....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peasmum View Post
    Sorry for another pram thread...Seems to be a few at the moment.
    I have a dilemma. I have a BJ city elite which I absolutely love, but expecting baby #2 in Dec, and the toddler seat has been recalled.

My DS will be 2 when baby arrives so I know he'll be able to walk short distances with me, but I really enjoy going for decent walks.

I'm debating whether to find a second hand jump seat, or buy a new pram. Has anyone used the city elite with toddler seat? Would love any opinions.

If I decide to get a new pram, I think of the doubles, only the BJ city select would fit in my car. It's narrower than the elite, and the sears can go in the front seat of they don't fit in the boot. But any other suggestions would be very welcome!
    A couple of things;

Buying/selling the second hand toddler seats is actually illegal as they have been recalled.

We used the toddler seat for about 8 weeks before finding out it had been recalled and had a couple of near misses with tipping during that time so definitely not as safe as it should be.

As PP said you can contact the amazing baby company and the will offer you a trade in or discounted upgrade. We returned the toddler seat and bought the select (we were also meant to return the elite originally but I'm too attached so opted to keep it for a trade in price).

The Select is pretty good but steering and handling isn't as good as the elite so it was a difficult adjustment at first.

Hope that helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks 2BBoys. You have convinced me not to buy a 2nd hand seat. I wasn't sure if it was one of those overly cautious recalls or if it is a realistic danger.

I will email the company about a trade in or discount I think. Such a shame, I did so much research before buying the city elite (as you ladies probably did too) and its so perfect for me! Boo hoo, I've been quite a sook about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is me exactly!! I will have a newborn and a 25 mth old and now am looking at having to buy a new pram A double of the same standard as my baby jogger is looking like being to $$$ so I'm unsure what to do

Thanks for the info about the trade up, will check that out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Peasmum & Kooglekat I've just pm'd you both the contact email.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2Bboys For This Useful Post:

ArthurDent  (04-06-2012),peasmum  (04-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Bboys View Post
    Peasmum & Kooglekat I've just pm'd you both the contact email.
    would it be possible to PM me the details too - im in exactly the same position as the posts above

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby jogger city elite toddler seat

I ended up keeping my pram and using the glider board for my toddler, works well but not for really long walks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What a shame about the recall. I had heard that one was a great option for joggers.

Peasmum: maybe you could try the "Baby Jogger F.I.T."? It's featured in this review guide to the best lightweight strollers.