+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Best mince recipes?

My usuals include spaghetti Bol, lasagna, Shepherd's pie, savory mince, Mexican, meatloaf, rissoles/burgers and meatballs.
    Looking for new recipes and new twists on old ones. Can you share a family favourite?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mince chow meinGoogle will bring up a recipe.Its mince with cabbage, rice, carrot, noodles really quick & easy and yumm

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bressar For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (04-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Make up a batch of bolognaise style mince.

Boil some water and add packet of potato gnocci until just cooked (as soon as they start floating to the surface, pull them out).

Arrange the mince in a baking dish, spread layer of gnocci on top of mince and cover with grated cheese. Bake in the oven until cheese is golden.

It's the only way I've ever enjoyed potato gnocci, yummo!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (04-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    There's actually a women's weekly cookbook for mince (and sausage) recipes. Only about $12 if you can find one! I got mine in Coles or Woolies.

Otherwise I do...

Tomato Chutney Burritos - these are so good. Probably not very healthy though

You need a jar of tomato chutney, grated cheese, 10 flour tortillas, mince and curry powder. And oil.

Using NO OIL in a non-stick pan, pop in 1/2 teaspoon of curry powder until it smokes and changes colour. Then dry-fry it with the mince. Get it all out and into a bowl. Rub down the inside of the pan with a paper towel. Then fill about 1cm with oil.

On each tortilla spread 1 tablespoon of chutney, 1/4 cup of grated cheese and 1/3 cup mince. Roll tortillas up and pop in the pan. You can fit about 2-3 at a time. Keep in the oven to stay warm until they're all done, or just pop some foil over them on a plate. They're so good! The chutney gives it a nice tang!

This chow mein is yummy (I've done it with other types of mince, not just pork): http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/18084/pork+chow+mein

Another yum one. Like a mexican lasagne I suppose: http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/16862/tortilla+stack

Could do some sausage rolls or scrolls or whatever as well. Or curries.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (04-06-2012),Bexta  (04-06-2012)

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Chili con carne

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bunkx For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (04-06-2012)

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Pasta bake

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bunkx For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (04-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I love mince!

I make middle eastern meatballs- using 500g lamb mince, ground cumin, mixed spice, ground coriander, dry mint, finely diced eschallot, minced garlic, you can add apple and pine nuts if you like, salt, pepper- shallow fry then cook through in the oven- served with yoghurt/ coriander dip. The kids love them!

Also, my secret to the best spag bol is to use 2 parts beef mince, one part pork mince, as well as chopped bacon. Once the tomatoes etc go in, I season with salt and sugar as the toms can sometimes be too tart. Yum!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to littleriv For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (04-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like to make a meal out of fried rice by adding in mince either beef or pork mince

15. The Following User Says Thank You to sandramm1 For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (04-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We make a mince soup.
    Mince
    Green cabbage - added at the end
    Can tomato soup
    Onion
    Carrots
    Sauces for added flavour are worcestershire and BBQ.
    Last edited by sweetpeamummy; 04-06-2012 at 16:21.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to sweetpeamummy For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (04-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We do easy meatballs which is dp's fave!

About 500g mince add grated carrot, grated onion 1 egg and about 2 tablespoons of bread crumbs (give or take I don't measure just put in as much as I think) then I roll them into medium sized balls and cook them in fry pan. Dissolve 1 tsp vegeta in 1 cup of boiling water. Add into frypan with a packet of French onion soup. ( this makes a thick gravy like sauce) we always have it with steamed veggies and a piece of bread to soak up the sauce!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to melimum For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (05-06-2012)