+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I do the whole mince, béchamel, then pasta sheet but the difference in mine is I put a layer of spinach mixed with feta in mine - it is super tasty, the continue on with mince, béchamel, pasta then loads of béchamel and grated cheese on top!! YUM!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Egg?

Wow, you know I love you DE, but if I came to your place and you lured me in with lasagne I'd be thrilled... then mortified that you stealthily attacked me with boiled eggs! (I hate eggs).

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    u hate egg? that must super suck.(protein wise they are ace)

s'ok, i could make a mini one for you without the egg.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    LOL!

Yeah, I hate egg. I used to get them in via french toast. I can't eat egg that has an egg texture without being sick... (so not even quiche/fritatta etc) so I soaked it up and made french toast... only way to get it in.

Anyway... back to the topic of lasagne rather than egg...

StretchmarkBarbie is offline Senior Member
    Winner 2009- Best Username Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm trying this cheese sauce free lasagne for dinner tonight! I'm blaming you all if its a flop

Thanks
    Reviews
    I make my own pasta from scratch using wholemeal flour. Then I taint it by using a jar of pasta sauce, lol. I make an enormous quantity of white sauce. Then I layer it all together and it tastes delicious, but looks terrible because i use so much white sauce.
    I'm glad someone asked this question because I had never heard of lasagne without white sauce and suddenly I was seeing it everywhere!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Onion and garlic, then add mince and brown. Then tomato paste, then red wine, cook off then add canned tomatoes. Then oregano and thyme, a bit of sugar to cut down the acidity. Simmer for as long as you can- up to 2hrs, but sometimes I've only done in for 20mins.
    Beschamel Sauce- flour, butter on the stove til bubbling, then milk. Cook until thick, then add cheese (tasty + parmesan) and nutmeg.
    Layer lasagne- meat sauce, fresh lasagne sheets, beschamel, meat sauce...continue. Last layer is lasagne sheet then beschamel- never add more cheese, just goes oily. Cook at 190 deg until browned (around 20-30mins). It's always a hit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I made Lasagne on the weekend but instead of pasta sheets I use Eggplants and its freaking awesome!

SO just make your mince sauce as you normally would, slice up eggplants so they look like sheets, bake in oven for about 10 mins with olive oil, garlic and salt on top. Then make the lasgane as you normally would using eggplants as layers. I just sprinkle cheese on top and its sooooo yummy!

You can also do a canneloni with eggplant as well. So make the eggplant 'sheets' and put a ricotta filling in the middle and roll. Cover with a passta sauce and bake.

Again delicious!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't made it yet but I saw it on TV and it is on my fantasy bake list. For that mythical day when I have no children around to distract me while I bake. http://everydaygourmet.tv/recipes/110 I might also need to save my pennies for all the ingredients!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to beccacino For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (05-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Haven't made it yet, but this is my fantasy lasagne

http://www.notquitenigella.com/2010/...-an-obsession/