+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Joint Accounts

DF & I are thinking of moving banks, I have been doing a bit of research but a tad confused on who to go with. Who do you bank with? recommendations please!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We have a joint bank and are with NAB.

Best interest terms, easy bank to get pre approved home/personal loans with. Great high interest savings accounts.

We have seperate bank accounts with Westpac and Commanwealth, but when looking into joint accounts we found NAB offered the best rates, it has also been easy for us to get a personal loan with them, hoping our great track record with them will make it easy for us to get preapproved for our homeloan in the near future.
    Last edited by Littlemissmetal; 04-06-2012 at 12:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Something to consider is if there are any banks or that banks atm's near your home/work. Because if you want to withdraw from an atm and have to use another bank atm it will cost you. Then again some places will let you withdraw cash when you are paying via eftpos.

NAB are pretty good but I have to always think ahead if I need money from an atm or travel for it as there isn't a machine or branch anywhere close by. But there is no fee's on their standard account and you can get a Visa Debit card. (I have a bright pink one )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We are very happy NAB customers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    ING Direct fans here. The have great savings accounts and now have everyday accounts. Neither of which have any account keeping fees. You can also get all sorts of loans from them- personal and home and business.
    They don't have any physical 'bank' everything is done over the phone or Internet. But they have great customer service. Ive been with them since 2005 and have always been happy and well looked after.
    Only negative I can think of is they don't have any ATMs. You either get money out t the eftpos or you take out $200 at a time from any ATM and ING will reimburse you the ATM charge.

Milky mumma since July 2011