+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ladies I'm over it now, lol! I NEARLY. Contemplated doing an HPT but then my DH persuaded me not to and I still agree, there is just no point! I have 3 more sleeps until BT on Thursday; having no symptoms of AF but the last few cycles it's appeared as if from nowhere. I have never made it to a BT before as AF has always come prior so I'm praying she stays away for the next 9 months until baby time, lol! I've been so good and proud of myself that I have not touched an HPT or google - this forum has been the most amazing support for all my questions and concerns. Come on Thursday - hurry up! Pleeeaasseee

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    Hello, I'd like to jump into this thread too please

I'm 2dp5dt. BT is booked for 22/6, but I will blatantly test before then...

Been getting a lot of very weird stitch type feelings since transfer - like I'm pulling muscles in my ovaries and sides every time I move. It seems to be a bit better today though.

for everyone.
    Hey GirlX welcome to this thread. Good luck for the next two weeks - I hope they go quickly for you and try your best not to test before your BT there is no point, so many people have had false positives and false negatives, just not worth the stress Hun! Anytime you feel like testing just jump on here and get some support - if I can do it, you can do it : )

Also I am now 10dp3dt and have had weird niggling stiches and cramps all around my ovaries and my side and my abdomen ever since ET - praying that my body is just making some tweaks to cater for babies : )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    Hey GirlX welcome to this thread. Good luck for the next two weeks - I hope they go quickly for you and try your best not to test before your BT there is no point, so many people have had false positives and false negatives, just not worth the stress Hun! Anytime you feel like testing just jump on here and get some support - if I can do it, you can do it : )

Also I am now 10dp3dt and have had weird niggling stiches and cramps all around my ovaries and my side and my abdomen ever since ET - praying that my body is just making some tweaks to cater for babies : )
    Wow - you've done so well to hold off like that! I am a serial tester! I swear I keep the manufacturers of those tests in business...

The thing is, prior to reading about it all on BH, if the BT said positive then I would have celebrated being pregnant. So I would have been happy to wait. Since reading the threads, where people get retested every 48hrs, I don't feel sure any more that a positive BT is really a positive - so I don't think I would feel certain even if I did wait.

Not sure if that makes sense? I kind of feel that if I'm going to feel unsure after getting a positive at any stage, then I may as well bring that forward! And if it's a negative, and AF hasn't come, then that doesn't mean anything anyway.

It feels a bit sad to know that I won't have that "OMG I'm pregnant!" feeling by getting a positive result, and that there will need to be lots of subsequent tests. But at this stage, a positive result would be a lot closer than I've got so far!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would rather do a hpt so that I can prepare myself. Sorry to be negative but if you get a neg two days before ur bloods then generally it's a neg.

When I got my bfp 5 days before BT my bloods were still too low and I had a chemical so therefore if it's neg now there is no way the numbers will get high enough in two days to be a viable preg.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nattie84 View Post
    I would rather do a hpt so that I can prepare myself. Sorry to be negative but if you get a neg two days before ur bloods then generally it's a neg.

When I got my bfp 5 days before BT my bloods were still too low and I had a chemical so therefore if it's neg now there is no way the numbers will get high enough in two days to be a viable preg.
    Hey Nattie

Is that specific to IVF? I ask, because I know a lot of women sometimes don't get positives on hpts until days after AF is due - even when they are pregnant.

When I was pregnant with DD, I got a positive on a FRER test the day before AF was due, but then a negative on a different brand of test when I tried to 'check' the result.

I'm not trying to offer false hope to anyone - just that I've seen that happen with 'natural' and clomid assisted conceptions, so I wondered if there was something about the IVF process that made it different?

I'm a bit new to this, as you can tell...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

Forever27  (11-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Nattie

Is that specific to IVF? I ask, because I know a lot of women sometimes don't get positives on hpts until days after AF is due - even when they are pregnant.

When I was pregnant with DD, I got a positive on a FRER test the day before AF was due, but then a negative on a different brand of test when I tried to 'check' the result.

I'm not trying to offer false hope to anyone - just that I've seen that happen with 'natural' and clomid assisted conceptions, so I wondered if there was something about the IVF process that made it different?

I'm a bit new to this, as you can tell...
    Yeah I'm doing IVF which means they know exactly when I ovulated and implantation with a 6dt should be 7 or 8 dpo cause when they put the embryo in they know what stage it is at.

With a natural preg you could simply ovulate earlier than first thought or implant later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I'm doing IVF which means they know exactly when I ovulated and implantation with a 6dt should be 7 or 8 dpo cause when they put the embryo in they know what stage it is at.

With a natural preg you could simply ovulate earlier than first thought or implant later.
    My understanding was that some women can just take longer to show up on a test. With DD I was doing fertility treatment (non-IVF), so my FS knew exactly when I had ovulated, and on one brand of test I still showed negative a day before AF was due.

I know that it's usually the case that with a good quality test you get a result early, but I've seen it on here a lot (and a few times IRL) where - for whatever reason - women don't get positives until later, even when they know when they ovulated.

Anyway, fingers crossed for all in this thread that there will be positives abounding soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My understanding was that some women can just take longer to show up on a test. With DD I was doing fertility treatment (non-IVF), so my FS knew exactly when I had ovulated, and on one brand of test I still showed negative a day before AF was due.

I know that it's usually the case that with a good quality test you get a result early, but I've seen it on here a lot (and a few times IRL) where - for whatever reason - women don't get positives until later, even when they know when they ovulated.

Anyway, fingers crossed for all in this thread that there will be positives abounding soon!
    Yeah as I said before I got a feint pos at 11dpo last time and my levels were still not high enough to indicate a viable preg so not getting my hopes up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can I join and wait with you girlx and Nattie? I did fsh injections followed by a hcg trigger on 2/6 so I'm supposed to wait til Monday 17/6 to test if af hasn't come. I was thinking though I might test next sat which would be roughly 13dpo - wdyt?
    First week went by ok but now I'm getting impatient and just want to know! I don't have a bt booked fs just said to call if af hasn't shown up and they will send me the referral. No point rushing it I guess? if I am pg it will be there for 9 months (hopefully) and if I'm not then af will turn up sooner or later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah as I said before I got a feint pos at 11dpo last time and my levels were still not high enough to indicate a viable preg so not getting my hopes up.
    I understand. This is a horrible thing to go through, and such an emotional rollercoaster.