+ Reply to Thread
    Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Worried about a friend

DP and I have a very close family friend, he was awesome. Always had a kind word and loved our children. And helped us thro a hard time.
    Well I have just found out (DP didn't want me to stress) that his become hooked on speed and ice. His house has become the latest druggie spot, his girl friend is very close to leaving him. She already moved back in with her parents again. His picked up a careless attitude toward everything. He works with DP and DP needs to wake him now every morning and force him to work.
    And worse still, this makes me wanna cry, his stolen $2000 from a job from work (furniture removals) and spent it on drugs, and if he dosnt give the money back today he will get arrested. I no maybe being arrested will be good an snap him out of it coz his not listening to anyone. His brother is supporting his addiction, and doing it with him.
    The only reason he still has a job is coz of DP. DP and the boss are best buds. And our family friend is another best bud of DP.
    His about to lose everything and just dosnt care. DP has been our friends gf "saviour" she is the one who ended up telling me about his addiction. I told DP I new and he said he didn't want me to stress. Then yesterday we both found out about the money.
    I have no idea what to do or think. I'm so upset this is happening to him. I love him like a brother. And what's worse is if DP and I had a boy this time would of used our friends name as our babies middle name. Now I think that's not appropriate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Sounds harsh but it could be the wake up call your friend needs before he kills himself with drugs.

If I was your hubby I'd stop sticking up for him in the workplace... You don't want your hubby's boss to think your hubby is in the same boat.

Good luck...

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (04-06-2012),Maybelline  (04-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    He should be getting arrested he stole $2000 he is a thief. I don't know what type of response you were looking for OP but these people that want to take drugs and steal are idiots and need a heavy dose of reality.

Thanks
    Reviews
    He needs help.. Very few ice addicts an clean themselves up. Its an awful drug.. I have seen a few people go so far down hill on the ice really quickly. If he gets arrested it maye a good thing as it might get him put into rehab where he'll get the help he needs..
    Your family sounds very lovely but he does need some serious help to kick it.

Ice is awful I have seen people dig holes into their arms, eat skin off their arms till they bleed.. It's a nasty drug.

I hope e gets some help soon before he does lose everything

6. The Following User Says Thank You to maybe again For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (04-06-2012)

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Inked Mumma View Post
    He should be getting arrested he stole $2000 he is a thief. I don't know what type of response you were looking for OP but these people that want to take drugs and steal are idiots and need a heavy dose of reality.
    thats real nice, thanks. i agree he should get arrested for the money as it might snap him out of it. but people who are addicted to drugs have a prob, and need help, they dont need to be called idiots.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bonkers For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (29-06-2012),Mulva  (04-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Having been addicted and surrounded by many ice addicts all I can say is I'm so sorry you have had to lose a friend to this horrible drug but unfortunately there is no helping him until he hits rock bottom and realises himself the damage it's doing.

Ice is a drug that makes people feel on top of the world and that trey can take on anything, despite losing everything around them and as horrible as it is perhaps getting arrested will be the wake up he needs.

For me it was losing all my friends to realise just what this drug had done, for some though this still isn't enough.

Too early to clearly write what I want to say but feel free to PM me if you want to talk.

And again, I am so sorry, I've lost all my friends the past 12 months to this drug, so I know just how destructive it is

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to singlemumma82 For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (04-06-2012),Ffrenchknickers  (29-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    OP, I really feel for you and your partner in this situation. Can I just ask does he still have this job that he stole from solely because of the friendship between your partner and the boss? If that's the case, in a way, you're sort of protecting this guy from the consequences of his actions. Which I'm sure if he wasn't an addict he'd be pretty p-ssed off about but right now, doesn't care. Maybe you could suggest to your DP that he talks to your boss and in turn your boss chats to the police and instead of charging this guy, you see if he can't instead be sent to some sort of rehab, get some serious help. Otherwise, he really needs to face up to what has happened. As a friend I know its hard to stand by and watch this happen and for your DP to allow it but by waking him for work and keeping on him it's sort of just helping him escape the reality of everything. And I don't mean to sound like I'm faulting you guys, I'm not, I get that its hard but you need to stop and take a bigger step for the sake of this guys life.

I really hope you work something out.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubs'n'Roses For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (04-06-2012)