+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Becks23 is offline thank you for a house full of people I love. Amen
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree about the bassinet they are great my dd slept in it for months (my kids a small like me).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny2011 View Post
    Thanks everyone.

We have a bassinet but don't really want to use it much longer than 6 weeks as we found DS slept much better when we moved him out of it.
    Try to use bassinette as long as you can ... My ds went into a cot at 6 wks; but then my dd was 6 1/2 mths. Every bub is different. I have 18 mths between my two and was fortunate to be able to borrow a cot from a friend. But it actually ended up being about a month that they were in cots at the same time (ds climbed out of his cot so he went into a bed)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you don't feel that your son will be ready for a big bed, I'd buy a new cot that converts to a toddler bed for your son and give your current cot to the baby. That way you'll still get quite a bit if use out of the new cot. Otherwise I'd buy a cot on eBay as sometimes you can pick them up for a good price and in great condition.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have the same age gap OP. We bought a new cot for DD2 that was cheaper and a bit more slimline. DD1 has a Boori that converts to a bed so we converted that and didn't bother with any rails (we have a spare cot mattress that goes on the floor beside for night time tumbles which she sleeps through). We converted after DD1 turned 2 and DD2 was 4 months and too big for the bassinet in our room. As it is a sturdy Boori we can lay on it with her or sit and read stories etc. She has never gotten out of bed and wandered around even though she can unzip her sleep bag. Our DD's share a room so there wasn't space for a full size bed. Not sure when we will move house, so DD2's cot does convert to a bed too if absolutely necessary but isn't sturdy, so that would be a last ditch option if we haven't upgraded to a bigger house in time for her to move to DD1's bed and DD1 move to a single bed (and hopefully baby 3 to move into DD2's cot). Musical beds much the same way as we do musical car seats!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used a portacot that had a bassinent insert that you put in to it was alot bigger it also hung in there so you were able to rock it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the same problem, I'm also due in December and my DS will only be 12 months old. We got a second cot off a friend!

Ask around before you buy one.
    I had my first son in a bed by 15 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes as mine are close together and my eldest child's cot converted into a bed.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    my 2yo still has never slept in her cot, so wont be buying another.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 20 months between my two. I moved DS in to a big bed at 18 months and he was fine with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have bought a toddler bed rather than a single bed because it is very close to the ground an makes us feel a little more comfortable with the transition. We are also willing to buy a second hand cot for a short period if need be and sell it later. Hopefully we won't need to though.

Just wondering how you are able to teach them to lie down when it is bed time? DS still stands up at the cot rails looking at us when we walk out his room. He settles really quickly and goes to sleep but just doesnt like being laid down.

We still have about 6 months before the transition and he is only 15 months old. Can a lot change between now and then, or is just every baby different?