+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Baby Carrier for 10kg+

I currently have a Baby Bjorn which I have loved and use every day. I carry DS majority of the time, rarely using my pram so far.

Unfortunately now that DS is over 9kg, it's starting to get uncomfortable on my shoulders after awhile, as he much prefers facing forward so the weight pulls down.

Can anyone recommend another carrier that is comfortable as they grow? He's 9mths old so getting longer now too, no longer my squishy newborn

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used the baby bjorn too until my ds became too heavy - after a fair bit of research and borrowing a friend's carrier, I bought the ergo baby. They can't face out though, but they can go on your back and face the same way as you. I found the weight distribution was great compared with the baby bjorn (which was putting heaps of strain on my neck by the time I was ready to swap carriers). Just dying make the mistake of buying a 'new' one off ebay - we were sold a fake and were lucky to get our money back but it was such a hassle and not worth the stress for saving $40 or so.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to veggiemama For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (04-06-2012),Pesca77  (04-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bumping for morning crew

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ergo!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ergo or manduca if the price doesn't matter, or if you want to save money then there's a mei tai on ebay thats only like 20 dollars. I think its called organic mei tai or something like that.
    Or a woven wrap like vatanai or ellaroo, but they obviously take some time to learn. The plus is that you can tie it heaps of different ways and it can double as a blanket

Thanks
    Reviews
    manduca
    ergo
    beco butterfly

something that put the weight of baby through your hips.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone

So id really like to be able to keep DS facing forward, as he loves talking to everyone! Do any of these do that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by veggiemama View Post
    Just dying make the mistake of buying a 'new' one off ebay - we were sold a fake and were lucky to get our money back but it was such a hassle and not worth the stress for saving $40 or so.

Thanks for that. I've been looking on eBay - I'll probably get a secondhand one - and was unsure that I lot of the new ones at such a good price were genuine. I'll definitely steer clear now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan Mac View Post
    Thanks for that. I've been looking on eBay - I'll probably get a secondhand one - and was unsure that I lot of the new ones at such a good price were genuine. I'll definitely steer clear now.
    Good! Be careful buying second hand too - a lot of the fake ones are sold as 'second hand' but are new fakes! There's info on the web about what to look out for to see if yours is a fake - ours looked perfect, came in a box, with dvd (which should have been a warning sign as apparntly they don't use the dvds anymore) and we would never have been suspicious but we were strapping it on us and pulled one of the straps and the stitching seemed to pull, considering they are supposed to take up to 20kg we thought that was weird. We did a little internet search and realised ours was fake. Luckily as we bought it through paypal and ebay we went back to the seller (who now had another ad up for another 'new, spare' ergo) and as they didn't want to get in trouble with ebay they refunded everything including postage both ways. Not worth it though! I would only buy second hand from someone you knew who had a store receipt (ergo website gives you a list of approved suppliers).

11. The Following User Says Thank You to veggiemama For This Useful Post:

Susan Mac  (04-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm... maybe I will just be looking for a decent sale!