+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default 5 years

5 years ago I hadn't met my husband and was still clubbing most weekends. I didn't have a mortgage. I had a very sick brother and I was a bit lost and very sad.

In 5 years I may have 2 kids and be working full time again continuing with my career goals. Hopefully we will have a coastal house we are renovating. I will also know a lot more about good wine.
    Last edited by babyla; 13-01-2013 at 13:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 5 years

5 years ago I was 26 and still backpacking in Europe with my best friend. Wild wild times, thread would probably get closed if I put further details

In 5 years from now I will be 36 and will hopefully have added another bub to the one DH and I are currently growing inside me. Sadly also in a different house as I don't think our current 2 bed apartment in the city will last us very long with babies!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 5 years

1. 5 yrs ago I was just recovering from having serious surgery to remove my spleen due to a rare blood illness, struggling to finish my last uni exams after 5 yrs of study and just starting a job I'd have for 2 yrs. A pretty stressful time!

2. I see myself with 2 kids at least (none yet) and enjoying being a sahm.
    Last edited by 3cats1pug; 13-01-2013 at 14:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default 5 years

5 yrs ago I was 4 mnths pregnant with DS2 and had a 3 yr old and married for 3 years. I was 25.

In 5 years time, DS1 will be in highschool, DS almost there too and hopefully studying to help others deal with their fibromyalgia like I do through alternate therapies and diet
    Last edited by Mahjong; 13-01-2013 at 14:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    *cries a little*

5 years ago I was on holliday in Chile with my 1yo and thinking that my life was starting to turn around. I was planning on going back to uni to study medicine to become a GP and get a rural job.

My dreams for five years time have dwindled from being a possibly attainable goal to a pipedream.

I would like to be living in the country and building my own house with my own hands. That's been my five-years-from-now dream for the past twenty years and doesn't seem possible anymore.

I really don't know what I'll be doing. Perhaps I'll be in my final year of becoming a qualified optometrist and trying to get a grant to set up a mobile lab to service schools in remote areas. Perhaps I'll be working as a teacher with the qualification I am attaining this year. Perhaps I'll be stuck in more of the same-old-same-old trying but going nowhere.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Re: 5 years

5 years ago I was just about to turn 20 and feeling lost in life. I was doing a uni degree I hated and in a relationship that was going nowhere.

In 5 years I hope to get married to DF who I have been with for 3 years and have our two children there to watch and celebrate with us And who knows after this pregnancy maybe number 3!

Thanks
    Reviews
    5 years ago I would have been 17 with my ex and just had a miscarriage. Casually working in aged care and I thought I was happy

5 years from now I hope to have finished my degree, have another baby, be married and hopefully renovated our house

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 5 years

1. What were you doing 5 years ago?
    I was 18, had been with (now) DH for 2 years, was fresh out of school and about to start Uni.

2. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
    Will be celebrating my 6th wedding anniversary with hubby and hopefully will have 2, maybe 3 kids (depending on the gap we decide on between 1 & 2, and also whether or not we want to stop at 2 or to have a third).

Hopefully in a bigger house, in a senior role in my profession but working closer to home, and have finished my Masters degree.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 5 years

Five years ago I was 22 years old, with a 9 month old DD. I'd been with DH for 7 years and we'd been married for 1 year. I was working 4 days a week at the best job I'd ever had, and was about to start my Bachelor of Business (Human Resources).

Five years from today I will be 32, and I'll have two kids who'll be 10 and 7. I hope we'll be living in our forever house, and we'll be financially secure and comfortable. I hope to be working part time, in a job I love. We will have travelled overseas and will hopefully get away for short breaks frequently!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 5 years

5 years ago..... I was 21 living in melbourne saving and waiting to go overseas, no kids, in a loving long distance relationship with FOB

In 5 years time ..... I hope to have found a long term partner, possibly have a second child and hopefully on civil talking terms with FOB