+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Choosing an OBGYN - Westmead Private

Hi all,

I'm trying to get some recomendations for an OBGYN for westmead private. I've had a quick search through the forum but all the posts seem a couple of years old and some unanswered.

Appreciate your help in advance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Me too! Or Norwest?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I can recommend Dr. George Hardas. He works at both hospitals I believe.

He is so caring, kind and down to earth.

Hope that helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Ladies

who did you end up using as your Ob at Westmead Private?

Recently pregnant myself & tossing up between Norwest or westmead private hospitals & also trying to find a good Ob..

Any feedback you can give - that would be great!

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    We ended up going with Dr Tien Huynh at Westmead private. Happy with her so far. She does get really busy but she's happy to answer any questions that you may have. I've seen returning patients that are happy with her so she can't be all that bad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've heard good things about Dr Wilson, I think he delivers at both. I have had Dr Blumenthal at Norwest, I've had 2 surgeries and a baby with him and I wouldn't go with anyone else. He's very busy and appointments can be delayed a fair bit but he doesn't push interventions and attends something like 95%+ of his births, no matter what time or day of the week. He even popped in on a Saturday afternoon in his casual clothes to see me when I was in hospital early in the pregnancy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just bumping this. I know it's a bit old, but really would love some more recent info on Westmead Private obs.

Toying between Matthew Wilson, Prof Trudinger & Tien Huynh. Can anyone help please? What did you like or not like about them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Peonies

I didnt end up going with Westmead Private - and decided to go with Norwest Private instead.. its not the far from Westmead, incase you were considering there aswell?

I am currently 31 Weeks pregnant with my 1st child & decided to go with Dr Sykes at Norwest. His pricing was quite competitive and he offered things that other obs dont seem to offer. He's very patient, polite and approachable. He has his own website & facebook pages aswell - which i found alot of Obs didnt offer.

What makes him different is that he offers a 3D ultrasound at EVERY appointment - which my DH & I are loving We get to see baby at every visit! At our first appointment he gave us a USB stick and we take that along to every appointment - during the scan, he plugs it in, and we get a few images to take home with us and share with friends and family Its amazing to have those little photos and watch our baby grow inside

I also had a threatened miscarriage at 10 weeks & my DH and I were able to race to his office (in norwest) he hooked me straight up to the ultrasound machine & straight away we knew everything was ok, and we had an explanation.

His appointments run pretty much on time all the time & never seems to be rushing you out of your appointment. He also offers saturday appointments aswell - which has been great for us, as my DH is a teacher & this means he can come to all of our appointments & see baby Im also sure that Dr Sykes offers a free initial meeting - which alot of obs dont offer.

Another reason we went with Norwest over Westmead is that Norwest offer a double bed & your partner can stay with you whilst your in hospital for free (meals arent included tho) whereas at westmead, they also offer a double bed, but they charge something like $80 a night for your partner to stay.

Goodluck with choosing your ob I remember finding it a really daunting decision - i felt like it was like choosing my childs school! haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for that, Claudia. Wow, he does sound good. 3D ultrasound at every visit - I would love that. And Sat appointments.

However, we have decided against Norwest for a couple of reasons. Firstly, Westmead is actually closer for us. And also, I have previously had some surgery (of a gyno nature) in a small private hospital, who then didn't have the emergency facilities to handle it when things went terribly wrong, and I had to be rushed to St Vincents in an ambulance, close to death. So my DH is pretty adamant that he prefers Westmead Private, as it is right next to the public hospy and the children's hospy, in case anything goes wrong.

Would really love to hear anyone's experiences with Dr Wilson and/or Prof Trudinger, please. Scans in their office??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Lillystar! That does sound tempting with all the access to scans. But we were having enough trouble choosing between the few we'd narrowed it down to. I get easily confused! lol
    I think I'm swaying towards Matthew Wilson.