+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 10 month old sleeping in bed with FOB & GF!........................

Hi all, i have a 10 month old Ds and am not with FOB and never have been.. I have 100% care of DS ( not court ordered) and FOB just comes to see DS a few times a week for a couple of hours. everything has been going well so far except now he wants to have DS overnight soon and im not so sure its a good idea... He has a girlfriend that lives with him and they only have one room and one bed... DS still sleeps with me so there would be no chance of him sleeping alone in a cot if FOB had one, so that just leaves the bed with him and his gf and im am totally against that! The thing is that i would never know, its not like DS can tell me and his dad would just lie about it. I really dont want to argue with him about it but he doesnt seem to think there is anything wrong with that.... how would you feel?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would definitely, definitely not be okay with that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    If I were ok with overnight, I'd be ok with sharing with the girlfriend if she was more than just a passing fling, which she has to be if they're living together.

to be honest I don't think I'd be OK with overnight at 10 months if he has never had him more than visits.

missybubble is offline I'm a strange one, but I'm good at it :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Can you wait till your DS is say 2 or 3 before he stays over? If the girlfriend is serious then you'll probably always have this issue unless FOB moves somewhere where your DS can have his own bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hold off on overnights until your DS is no longer co-sleeping and the father has sufficient bedding etc.. to allow bub to sleep in his own cot/bed
    DONT be bullied!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What if he drags her to court and then she is forced to do a lot of time away from ds guess you would have to pick the less bad one for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    Don't be frightened, at 10 months old there is no court that would order the child to regularly stay overnight in a house with a father that has NEVER had the child overnight AT ALL, especially when the alternate residence doesn't have sufficient room. 2people (baby and one parent) sharing a double bed, is VERY different to 3people sharing a double bed.

I agree, Don't be bullied. If you're not ready for it, than say no.

personally, I'd prefer to have bubs sleep in a safe and comforted environment than in another room or something. Perhaps suggest to FOB to look into getting a sidecar set up? That way bubs would be sleeping against FOB not his GF

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Izy For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (03-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    What if he drags her to court and then she is forced to do a lot of time away from ds guess you would have to pick the less bad one for you.
    A court wont would be hard presses to give a present father over night stay of a ten month old, they CERTAINLY won't give a barely there father over nights of a ten month old!

If you're going to use 'facts' please use correct ones.

Op - IF this went to court and you both agreed on over night visits as far as I know there is no law preventing a father and his partner sharing a bed with their infant, a child only has to have the option of their own bed (im not sure what age that starts from though)

Your best option is to seek legal advice and start a parenting plan via mediation and if you are concerned stop over night visits til it is done.
    Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GuestMember For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (03-06-2012),insanity  (03-06-2012),pene  (04-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Why don't you provide a portacot and get your ds used to sleeps in that. It probably doesn't bother fob where your child sleeps, it would still be in the same room by the sounds of it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmi View Post
    A court wont would be hard presses to give a present father over night stay of a ten month old, they CERTAINLY won't give a barely there father over nights of a ten month old!

If you're going to use 'facts' please use correct ones.

Op - IF this went to court and you both agreed on over night visits as far as I know there is no law preventing a father and his partner sharing a bed with their infant, a child only has to have the option of their own bed (im not sure what age that starts from though)

Your best option is to seek legal advice and start a parenting plan via mediation and if you are concerned stop over night visits til it is done.
    Sent from my MB526 using BubHub
    Never said they were facts that is why I put a question mark at the end