+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default child support question

hey everyone, havnt been here for a long time, anyways i have a qustion, i havnt been getting child support for approx 10mths because ex if apparently not working, anyway i have fornd out done the grape vine that he is trying to sell his house himself, so if ihe does, would i get any backpay?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedz View Post
    hey everyone, havnt been here for a long time, anyways i have a qustion, i havnt been getting child support for approx 10mths because ex if apparently not working, anyway i have fornd out done the grape vine that he is trying to sell his house himself, so if ihe does, would i get any backpay?
    Yes if he sells it in his name he can pass over title to a relative and won't get dinged for it also I'd he doesn't claim it pn taxes then thy will never know either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    LMF huh?

Am I reading your response to say that if he signs the house over, rather than sells it, he can avoid having to pay any CS from the profit of sale? What kind of pathetic excuse of a man would do something so low?

Sorry OP, no idea what happens if he sells it. You would want to assume it's considered income, or at least that the profit would be...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Izy For This Useful Post:

Chocolate All Gone Now  (03-06-2012),share a book  (03-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You should- if I were you I'd tell CSA what you have heard so they can monitor his accounts.
    Izy- LMF isn't wrong- plenty of men would do this if they could get away with it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    You should- if I were you I'd tell CSA what you have heard so they can monitor his accounts.
    Izy- LMF isn't wrong- plenty of men would do this if they could get away with it
    My father put their 3 houses into his wife's name and also their business was in her name until my brother turned 18. He wonders why we have no respect for him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    My father put their 3 houses into his wife's name and also their business was in her name until my brother turned 18. He wonders why we have no respect for him.
    Awful

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedz View Post
    You are supposed to. People who rig it to avoid paying are lowlife scum ripping off the young and helpless, their own babies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    You should- if I were you I'd tell CSA what you have heard so they can monitor his accounts.Izy- LMF isn't wrong- plenty of men would do this if they could get away with it
    I do think if you tell CSA they can monitor his accounts when the money hits they will take what is owed.Also it may put him at a higher income for this year so his assessment will go up until next tax yearETA: is he on a nil assessment? If he is nil assessment (due to no work) there wont be back pay but he will be assest and start having to make payments.

Thanks
    Reviews
    it wouldnt suprise me if its put in somone elses name, thats the type of person he is.
    i will ring cs and tell them, but i dont think they will do anything.
    his est is $0 so i guess i wount get anything... sigh

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Off topic but I'm fairly sure you can't just 'transfer' a house into a relatives name. You'd be up for stamp duty and a mortgage paperwork nightmare.