+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Fortitude with that attitude you are going to do yourself the world of good I agree with dream girl there Still I hope Friday brings great results will be checking in to see how you go

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nessika For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (05-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks girls.
    Nessika- how does DSD like being a big sis? My youngest DD is 14 and I am hoping she loves being a big sis- she is pretty excited by the whole prospect of a new sibling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi ladies. today is 15dpo/Epu and my bloods came back at 32 hcg so I am in the same boat as you, fortitude. My levels are low, but my bt was actually meant to be tomorrow but I snuck in early because I have been getting positive hpts. I just don't know what to think. I didn't take any hcg booster shots so an embryo has tried to implant but I just don't know if it's still there, already given up or on its way to giving up.

I really thought I'd get some answers today but it has just put as more into limbo land than ever.

Having repeat bt's on Friday to see if levels are increasing....

Good luck fortitude, I know exactly what you are going through. When is your next bt?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nicole83 View Post
    Hi ladies. today is 15dpo/Epu and my bloods came back at 32 hcg so I am in the same boat as you, fortitude. My levels are low, but my bt was actually meant to be tomorrow but I snuck in early because I have been getting positive hpts. I just don't know what to think. I didn't take any hcg booster shots so an embryo has tried to implant but I just don't know if it's still there, already given up or on its way to giving up.

I really thought I'd get some answers today but it has just put as more into limbo land than ever.

Having repeat bt's on Friday to see if levels are increasing....

Good luck fortitude, I know exactly what you are going through. When is your next bt?
    My biggest hugs to you Nicole. You have arrived in what I think feels like hell on Earth. 32 is very similar to me- slightly higher. I was retested 1 1/2 days later and hcg had risen to 40 which is an increase. But the second test really left us in continued limbo land.

I have work out (from reading 3/4 of the internet....) that each BT will result in one of two things:
    (1) Hcg has stalled/ fallen = BAD news, implantated embryo has not continued to grow. At this point the clinic will likely say "go off the progesterone and wait for a MC". What happens then (I asked my FS) is they will measure your Hcg with BTs until it is 0, then you can start a new cycle.
    (2) HcG goes up- if it goes up but does not double this is not great but they will then retest: in other words you're back into limbo land. If it skyrockets, that's EXCELLENT but they will still want to monitor it due to the slow start because one increase doesn't mean you're out of the woods.

So each BT could end up with a "no, sorry it's all over", but is unlikely to be a clear "yes, great off you go now". The 2WW may continue until 6wks- when they can ultrasound to see if there is a fetus with a heartbeat. I guess if it gets to that point it's more of a realistic chance.

I really really really genuinely feel your anguish. This is one of the hardest things I have ever faced. In some respects I am clinging to hope, yet at the same time I am hesitiant to accept the pregnancy is even real. It took a few days, but I have made the decision to enjoy this pregnancy this week, not to focus on the 'what if' and celebrate this little life- even if it ends up a brief one.

If you want/need to chat feel more than free to PM me. LOTS xoxoxoxoxoxo

My next retest is Friday same as you.

OH GREAT! My cousin just announced her pregnancy on FB with a huge US photo. Hard to feel happy about her happiness right now.
    Last edited by Fortitude; 06-06-2012 at 17:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your support fortitude.
    I hate this waiting. I am not coping very well at all. I need to know if it's starting or over. I just want some closure. Clinic upped my crinone and I know that has caused havoc with my emotions. I hate this ivf game, it's killing me. I too have read half the Internet. Some good stuff, some bad. I just wish I knew what was happening inside me. I thought the tww was long...these 2 days are crazy!

Stupidly poas this morning hoping to get some indication by strength or lack of line...same as yesterday. So no help there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Nicole,
    I had an excellent day today because I was really busy at work and barely had time to think about this maybe baby.
    How are you feeling about the whole situation today?
    I have actually come to a point of reasoning- if the baby can't continue there is a reason why- nature is smarter than us. I am celebrating this little life for now. Tomorrow I will know if it is a "no" or a "retest, maybe".
    This sitiuation is the PITS. It's the uncertainty, the genuine desire for the baby to grow and the sheer fear it won't. But what can we do? Nothing. It is the longest 2ww ever.
    I haven't POAS at all. I wouldn't cope if it were BFN- cause maybe it is just too weak? But I guess if it is too weak this late then what chance is there? Some, but slim.

Thinking of you, keep me posted when you find out your next BT results- and don't be too upset if it is still a "wait and see" answer. I will post when I know too.

Your buddy in anguished waiting,
    Fortitude

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck at your BT today Fortitude !

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Fortitude. Glad to hear you had a good day. It helps when you have heaps of work on.

Had a really crappy day yesterday. The extra crinone really gets me down. I will be glad when I can stop it all together. I am also thinking along similar lines to you when you say, if it's not meant to be, it's not meant to be. Perhaps there is something wrong with this baby and that is god's/universe's/whatever's way of taking care of the situation so we don't have to deal with it. I don't know. That is just what I am telling myself for now.

POAS again this morning and line is still there, again can't tell if it's fainter than yesterday, but certainly not any darker. I just wanted to see that if it was heaps lighter then I would be alot more prepared for the phone call this morning. I had by BT at 6.30am so I guess we will see what is going on around 9.30am. I need to move on from this and if the numbers are the same or lower then yes, I will feel certain this babies journey is over before it even really started.

Good lucky with your BT today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    mumofprincess - I'm so sorry.

fortitude & nicole - good luck for today!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to peoniesarepretty For This Useful Post:

mumofprincess  (09-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fortitude, good luck today hopefully all great news