+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissy12 View Post
    I the same position with our 4.5 months old. He is also VERY strong. If I isn't swaddle him he wouldn't sleep during the day. However, after the first night feed, I've been putting him down just in his grow bag with arms out (instead of swaddled). Most of the time he goes until the next feed without waking up because he's so tired. Plus, he really enjoys being able to play with his hands first thing in the morning, which actually buys me an extra half hour in bed!

You said your little man goes straight back to sleep after night feeds...would you be able to try this and build up gradually? That's what I'm hoping to do.
    Im going to try this tonight! Last night he got his arm out again and we just left him and he slept i think 4 hours without waking up. Hopefully if he keeps getting use to his arms being out he wont play with the bars so much and take his dummy out! lol!

Thanks so much!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck! Let me know how you go! Perhaps our babies can be completely 'swaddle free' by next month?! I hope so!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissy12 View Post
    Good luck! Let me know how you go! Perhaps our babies can be completely 'swaddle free' by next month?! I hope so!
    Oh i seriously hope so!!! It still baffles me how strong he is! I said to DP that DS is going to be a magician. No matter what he can always get his arms out!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Try this wrapping technique. My son hated his arms down, so I used this technique before moving to sleeping bags (Grobag type ones).

http://www.coffscoast.com.au/Pages/default.aspx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh and left-handedness.... They dont really have a preference until they are 2yo. It isn't genetic either. A lot of the time they just copy what they see.

DS is left handed for most things, but feeds himself and draws/paints with his right hand.
    Neither me or his father is left handed. My parents nor his fathers parents are left handed either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We were wrapping bub in one of these swaddleme wraps: http://shop.bigpond.com/Product.asp?...tail&ID=167948 and he was getting out of it a couple of time a night, we would go in and rewrap. At 3 months I just stopped wrapping during the day, the first 2 days was awful as he would wake himself within 20 min of going to sleep but I just persisted and by day 3 he was fine sleeping without a wrap, I continued wrapping at night for another month or so but just with a big piece of fabric, then went to a sleeping bag, the same as day sleeps. The biggest thing for me was having confidence he could sleep without it, I had a girlfriend who had just been through the same thing on speeddial those first three days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha! DH said DS was gonna be a brick layer, cos he's so "tough"
    I'll keep you posted!