+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Long sleeve sleeping bags??

Hi everyone! Has anyone used long sleeve sleeping bags for their bubs? where did you get them from? I was looking at grobags online (and others) but they are all sleeveless...its freezing at night (7C last night!) and i want a sleeping bag that would cover DDs arms as they are always outside the blanket . (i dont use a heater in her room during the night..too paranoid about it malfunctioning during the night a starting a fire!)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think they are an overheating risk I just used a grobag with a long sleeve jumpsuit as it allows a bit more circulation.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Maybelline  (04-06-2012),OS&N  (03-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    I think they are an overheating risk I just used a grobag with a long sleeve jumpsuit as it allows a bit more circulation.
    Thanks Thermolicious! Did you buy the grobag online or from a shop? i dont have any retail shops nearby that sell them so will have to buy online and am wondering if there are any sites that sell them abit cheaper than the usual price .

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by samar81 View Post
    Thanks Thermolicious! Did you buy the grobag online or from a shop? i dont have any retail shops nearby that sell them so will have to buy online and am wondering if there are any sites that sell them abit cheaper than the usual price .
    Ebay if you dont mind 2nd hand I got mine instore so were a big rip off. I know pramwarehouse do sales sometimes but shop around!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought DD's from target. They were quite reasonably priced and made from polar fleece. They even have the car seat hole as well. I put a wonder suit on her underneath!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jumski For This Useful Post:

OS&N  (03-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bambinipronto often have sales on grobags. I've got all mine half price.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluest Blue Box For This Useful Post:

OS&N  (03-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I saw snugtime sleeping bags with arms on brands exclusive or ozsale yesterday so they should still be there. They are lined and there are some not made of polar fleece. I really like them. Like you it is freezing here at night too (into minus temps) and the sleeveless just don't cut it. If i was usuing a sleeveless bag I would put a jumper on bub/toddler over sleep suit to keep their arms a big warmer.

Just looked and it is ozsale that have them currently

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Electric Rodeo For This Useful Post:

OS&N  (03-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My kids wore tracksuits under the sleeping bags, which helped keep their arms warm (but this is Canberra!). Sometimes I put a cardigan on over the top of the bag for those in between nights. That way you can take off easily if they are overheating.

You can also buy these little bolero jackets called baby arms I think from ergo pouch (just google) - have never tried but saw them in a shop and they looked rather sweet if a bit overpriced when a cardigan does the same thing.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mytwowilldo For This Useful Post:

OS&N  (03-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dd would sleep in a Wondersuit, fleece suit over the top and a 2.5tog grobag.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i got my DD's long sleeve sleeping bags in big w and best and less. u can also get cotton woven thermals from best and less as well.

oh and lol 7 isn't freezing lol

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Tutu & Lulu For This Useful Post:

MinkyJ  (03-06-2012)