+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Will I EVER Be Able To Not Wear Knickers?? Damn Mirena?

Hi,

If you have the time to read my other post you will see I have had vaginal discharge since June 2011. To try and cut this story short, I have just turned 40, we have 2 1/2 year old twins. The gyno suggested a Hysteroscopy to have a look around and to insert a Mirena. We know that the discharge was coming from my uterus so when he did the hysteroscopy they found a endometrial/uterine polyp which they removed.

Six weeks on I went for my check up with the gyno and told him that I had the normal bleeding, then spotting that is associated with the insertion of a Mirena but now the same discharge I had before is back. It is not bright red blood, more a brown colour. I am eating like a horse and my forhead is covered with pimples, both I believe to be side effects of the Mirena as this was not happening prior.
    He told me he wanted to see me in another 2 months. That means 13 months of having to wear knickers and a panty liner .

The original gyno I saw was a lady and she said if the mirena doesn't solve the problem I would need to have a hysterectomy.
    Do I go back and get it taken out and see if the discharge stops?? At the end of the day regardless no-one can give me the cause for the discharge.

I am on medication for depression and have been well mentally for some time now but this is dragging me down and I am finding it hard to cope.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Do you not normally wear knickers? Could you go and buy some really nice or comfortable ones - whatever you need to make you feel happy about wearing undies?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahly View Post
    Do you not normally wear knickers? Could you go and buy some really nice or comfortable ones - whatever you need to make you feel happy about wearing undies?
    Maybe I wasn't clear. I would like to not wear knickers when I go to bed like normal people. Yes I usually wear knickers, but to have to wear them 24 hours a day with a panty liner makes me feel dirty.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ella72 View Post
    Maybe I wasn't clear. I would like to not wear knickers when I go to bed like normal people. Yes I usually wear knickers, but to have to wear them 24 hours a day with a panty liner makes me feel dirty.
    *ahem* 'normal' people? I wear underwear 24/7, does that make me abnormal?

Nevermind…… off to start a spin off lol.

Op - hope someone has some answers for you and you can be comfortable again.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HugsBunny For This Useful Post:

austmum  (22-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Uterine polys are not nice.. I'm 21 and have had them since 15...
    The bleeding.. Discharge.. Ugh it's horrible!
    I have them all over my cervix too so sex means heavy bleeding for a few days

Do some research.
    hormonal birth control causes them to get bigger!
    I'm in a bit of a pickle because I also have Endo so I kind of need to be on birth control to control that..

I'm having the Mirena inserted in a few moths during a Lap.

Fingers crossed it helps the bleeding.. But I know my polyps will flare up and due to my age obviously A Hysterectomy is out of the question.. Although after all my problems and the amount of drugs I have to take its something I would really like to have done in the future.

As for panties, I hate wearing ugly undies when I have bleeding/discharge.
    So I either wear a tampon if I have bleeding and when I have discharge (my discharge can be quite heavy) I wear a Diva Cup and then I can wear my g-strings or sexy undies.

Also the Carefree barely there panty liners are amazing. They are so thing and flexible I can wear them with any knickers

I'm sorry I don't have any more advise with how to stop the discharge.. It's even something I have just had to "deal" with

If your only problem is Polyps then I would suggest hopping off hormonal birth control because they do make the polyps grow.
    I know Mirena is progesterone only so it's the "better" one to be one with polyps but it can still cause them to act up. Even after having them removed the polyps can still grow back :sigh:

Would a hysterectomy be something you would want to do?

I suffer depression to and I know how hard all my problems can be on me mentally.

I really hope this gets sorted out for you soon.
    And sending some

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can get pretty heavy in the VD department, I also get polyps and ovarian cysts. I don't know the science behind it but I've found in the past that when I take a multivitamin regularly with a good wack of zinc and iron that my VD is significantly less. I guess you would say it was a 'normal' amount. Strangely taking a men's specific MV like men's swisse multivite has had the most effect.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to pinkplease3 For This Useful Post:

Ella72  (03-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnyhugs View Post
    *ahem* 'normal' people? I wear underwear 24/7, does that make me abnormal? .
    I guess not. I just assumed that if it is not 'that' time of the month, most of us would go knicker-less to bed, a luxury I am not afforded at present. To go naked to bed in summer is but a distant memory .........

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachell View Post
    Would a hysterectomy be something you would want to do?

I suffer depression to and I know how hard all my problems can be on me mentally.

I really hope this gets sorted out for you soon.
    And sending some
    THANK YOU!! I truly appreciate your understanding and I feel for you too.

I will consider a hysterectomy as we have 2 beautiful children. I am just afraid to go through something so extreme if it can be fixed an alternative way.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ella72 For This Useful Post:

Liddybugs  (03-06-2012)