+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    He will call her by her name.

We don't really point out to people, "Oh, she's not his," or whatever unless it makes a story make more sense. He doesn't call her "his," because we don't say, "this is our child," or anything ever. I never say that either. I just say, "this is Chanel," and so does he.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When I'm speaking about them to people or introducing them to people, I say "my husband's daughters". I never refer to them as my step children - really hate that term. I don't refer to them as my Children's sisters either, although my husband does. I know that they're half sisters to the two children we've had together, but I just don't feel comfortable referring to them that way. It's just something that doesn't sit right with me. Even when we were planning our 5 year old daughter's funeral two weeks ago (she died from an asthma attack at home on 12th May), I really struggled with referring to them as Sian's sisters when writing the prayers, but I did it because my husband didn't like them being referred to as half sisters. Sorry, I've probably waffled on here - brain is fog at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by siansmum View Post
    Even when we were planning our 5 year old daughter's funeral two weeks ago (she died from an asthma attack at home on 12th May)
    I'm so sorry

Thanks
    Reviews
    we live in a small town and i have been with DP for 6 years... Everyone has assumed all the kids ( 3) are ours together. Its not until we say we are a blended family that they ask are we having one of our own
    He calls my 2 my kids to me but to anyone else he has 3 kids

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My non biomum calls us her daughters, and Im proud
    It was really hard for her to partner with someone who had children, and Im glad that we are family now.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to trishalishous For This Useful Post:

Lovemyfam  (04-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    By her name?
    I think it depends on who I talk to? If I'm talking to someone new I say my stepdaughter, to people I know - her name, when talking about belly bub to DSD I refer to her as her sister - not half.
    I can easily see myself saying 'the girls' after bub is born though as I do see DSD as part of my family.
    I think I get to lazy having to explain it to people so I mainly just let people assume what they like until something in particular is asked.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We keep it neutral as well.. Referring to both the kids as 'the kids' or 'our kids'

Having nothing to do with bio father, I'm the only dad she's ever known and she's more mine than his in that sense.. ESP when she copies traits etc.. Lol

But we try to keep it the same for both kids so theyre not feeing left out of the love from either of us