Did you or your child experience parental divorce when you/they were 13-18?
Help us find out what having a “meaningful relationship” with your parents actually mean!

If you:
- are an 18-25 years old Australian citizen or permanent resident,
- have parents who were separated/divorced when you were 13-18 OR has a child aged 18-25 years who does,
- have English as your first language,

we are interested to hear what you have to say!

I am Evelyn Tan, a Master of Counselling Psychology student at La Trobe University. The recent amendment to the Family Law Act 1975 states that in determining the child’s best interests in a case of parental separation, one of the primary considerations is “the benefit to the child of having a meaningful relationship with both of the child’s parents” (Section 60CC 2(a)). The phrase ‘meaningful relationship’ is yet to be defined. As such, I am conducting research on how young adults understand this phrase. Findings of this research may help to improve the understanding of this phrase, such that it aids professionals and separated parents in their decision-making about parenting arrangements.

Participation in this research will involve the completion of a 20-minute online questionnaire. You will be eligible to go into a draw to win a pair of movie tickets. Participation is voluntary and your information will remain anonymous. This project has been approved by La Trobe University Human Ethics Committee.

If you would like to participate in this research, please go to http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/meaningfulrships.

Please feel free to contact me at Evelyn.sytan(at)gmail.com if you have any questions.

Thank you!