+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    The worst thing I find Benji is that people generally don't care if you lose or gain weight healthily or not - they want to you starve yourself or binge on maccas (depending on whether they want you to gain or lose)... all they want is for you to fit into their version of "acceptable."

I am GLAD that I am acceptable now because it causes me less personal pain at times... I just loathe that people figure I'm worth a lot more respect now than I was less than a year ago. It's rather depressing.

I imagine it's much how a "too skinny," woman might feel once she gains to an "acceptable level." I know the woman next door is talked down to by other school mothers because they assume she must be a junkie to be so thin. She is just naturally thin... but if she gained a little, she'd probably be treated decently, and I think that's really sad.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Benji  (03-06-2012),LoveLivesHere  (03-06-2012),MissMuppet  (04-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I've seen that too Sassy. I have seen shows on tv where they will basically starve an overweight person and have seen a 'makeover' show where a very thin woman was advised to eat burgers several times a day!

It's shocking and could have huge implications for their health.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Yep. Burgers don't just kill fat people. They don't care how skinny you are whne they're clogging your arteries and increasing your bad cholesterol levels...

I often want my partner to get a full blood work done... just to see how much his body is going "HOLY CRAP SAVE ME!" with all the junk he eats/drinks. He's skinny. He's healthy according to BMI. He does a bit of manual work thanks to his job... but I can assure you, that he doesn't live a healthy lifestyle, especially in regards to diet! His skinny sisters mostly eats KFC or deep-fried foods at home, and his skinny dad lives on beer and smokes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post

As for self-love, there is no more of that going on. I still pick at myself and find things to hate. Losing weight doesn't solve the fact you have an effed up mindset... so my loss hasn't made me finally accept who I am and love myself. Of course I have moments where I think I look pretty good... but this happened even when I was fatter.
    I just wanted to address this point.

Personally losing weight has Given me body issues that I didn't have before.
    I think I looked better fat then i do now. I certain was more comfortable. I have loose skin issues now that cause me pain as well the fact I can't stand to look at it. It is gross. Not mention the vein issues I have as a direct effect from losing weight.

As Sassy say I still have the same head issues that I had at my highest weight. Sometimes they shout louder now than they did then. Having less fat doesn't make them disappear.

So what I am saying is I lost 88 kgs and gain more health problems.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    That's it - lucky to have a good metabolism but that won't stop someone from having high cholesterol. I had my bloods done recently, all of my vitamins etc were great. I asked whether there's anything I can do to keep weight ON, my GP was actually very adament that I don't try to eat myself silly as I could easily end up with diabetes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    Yep. Burgers don't just kill fat people. They don't care how skinny you are whne they're clogging your arteries and increasing your bad cholesterol levels...

I often want my partner to get a full blood work done... just to see how much his body is going "HOLY CRAP SAVE ME!" with all the junk he eats/drinks. He's skinny. He's healthy according to BMI. He does a bit of manual work thanks to his job... but I can assure you, that he doesn't live a healthy lifestyle, especially in regards to diet! His skinny sisters mostly eats KFC or deep-fried foods at home, and his skinny dad lives on beer and smokes.
    this is so true. dh thought he was healthy as he is lean and muscly, doesnt smoke or drink. Yet thanks to the lack of nutricious food at his.worksite and the crap he eats at home. His heart has almost given up. at 21.

his last bp reading at dr was 119/200 (or other way around i.forget) but he has the insides of an 80 yr old. whereas my sister who is obese at 120 kilos has no health problems, she doesnt eat takeaway but her portion sizes are big and she doesnt excersize (she just had baby and has lost ten kg since march) she is trying though she is much healthier than my husband

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have been a size 16 and I'm now a size 10 but I don't feel people treat me differently. Actually that's a lie - I get hit on by men now ... But I think that has more to do with the fact that I'm single not married anymore.

I myself feel much more confident and probably chat with people more. I take more pride in my appearance and dress to my taste rather than my size.

I have noticed something though that I never noticed before. Now people who didn't know I was once 25kg heavier comment to me about bigger people. Like how lazy they are and how unattracted men are to them (single men I've encountered). I met a guy who seemed nice wanted to date but I wasn't ready. I knew his friend's friend was keen on him but he turned her down because of her size. She is about what I used to be. He instantly became ugly to me because he didn't see her inner person. I thought she was lovely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I look like starvation on stilts at 70kg.

I'm currently 113kg (and dropping), I gained about 30kgs in my last pregnancy, I was a bit tubby beforehand but 5 months of bed rest and prenatal depression helped me 'blow out'.

I'll be happy and healthy at 85kgs. At my height a bit of 'meat' actually looks much better than being super slim.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    I've always been on the smaller side and have actually found that larger women have been pretty nasty to me "oh my god you're TINY", even though I'm a totally normal weight. One nurse in the hospital kept nagging me to eat and kept having really personal digs at my weight, even though I could tell she was struggling to breathe because she was so unhealthy. I'm over 60kgs btw, so hardly anything unusual

i honestly cannot imagine being mean to somebody because they are large or thin, I hear and see nastiness toward both and I just wish people would get off their moral high ground and start getting to know people for their character rather than superficial rubbish.
    Absolutely!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by loving6 View Post

So what I am saying is I lost 88 kgs and gain more health problems.
    Oh my! Very impressive! How did you manage that if I may ask? I'm aiming to lose 50-60

Sent from my GT-I5503T using BubHub