+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Jen.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (02-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loving6 View Post
    Disclaimer *I am still not skinny

YES, It is amazing how different they treat me.

I lost 88 kgs and with I noticed it at about 40 kilo lost and from then on it just got worse/better with every kilo i went down.

The mum at school were the worst. I had been there for 4 years and all of a suddenly it was like I took of my coat of invisibility and they could see I was a real person not just a side show freak.

I hate it with a passion, when I think about it actually makes me cry. Yes I was huge but I still was a human. I was as much worth knowing than as i am now.
    Hugs jen. Thats horrible. Youre a very lovely person with such a beautiful soul. People are lucky to be friends with you.

While i have never been skinny, i have always been treated differently to my friends. I was always the odd one out when we would go out for a night, i get ignored in shops or get given dirty looks if i wish to purchase something in a shop i wouldnt normally go in. I feel disgusting when i am out and we eat lunch or even just buying it for DS.

I wish i was skinny so i wouldnt have to deal with such negativity from people.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Myztiks#1Fan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep. People are nicer to me in public when Im thinner actually the thinner I am the nicer they are. More respectful towards me.
    With friends it depends. The people who are thin usually want to be around me more when Im thin. The people who are not thin usually think Im a b.itch when I lose weight. Which is weird cause Ive always been a b.itch I just think they where more comfortable with a fat girl having a dry sense of humour rather then a thin girl.
    Can't win really.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Disclaimer *I am still not skinny

YES, It is amazing how different they treat me.

I lost 88 kgs and with I noticed it at about 40 kilo lost and from then on it just got worse/better with every kilo i went down.

The mum at school were the worst. I had been there for 4 years and all of a suddenly it was like I took of my coat of invisibility and they could see I was a real person not just a side show freak.

I hate it with a passion, when I think about it actually makes me cry. Yes I was huge but I still was a human. I was as much worth knowing than as i am now.
    That's all kinds of wrong.
    At least you know who your true friends are.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Janesmum123 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's easier to "be fat" around your fat friends... at least I always felt more comfortable with them. At least then I knew I wouldn't be "the fat one," if we were all fat... and generally my fat friends were all into eating crap too, so I didn't have to sit and watch them eat a salad and feel bad about eating my Quarter Pounder or whatever. CLothes shopping with skinny friends is depressing as well.

It can also totally suck when you watch a friend lose... and you're still fat. Pushes your own size right in your face.

I can kind of understand why "fat friends," get a bit funny when you lose weight... but it still really must hurt. For them to be jerks just because you lost weight is stupid though... I can understand them feeling a bit emotional or whatever, but not to be mean about it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you think it's possible they seem nicer to you because you're now nicer to them because you're happier.. And giving off good vibes??

***Sent from my phone***

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Happy2be3 For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (05-06-2012),Guest1234  (03-06-2012),Theophania  (03-06-2012),VicPark  (03-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, I was a fat kid and was definitely treated differently to the other kids. Not by teachers, but other kids parents often made me feel unwelcome, like I was a nuisance, or turned a blind eye when their kids were mean to me.

Shop assistants, ride attendants at theme parks, waitresses, dance teachers, people running kids parties... Never smiled at me, never tried to strike up a conversation, never offered me anything.. Just made me feel like a waste of space.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy2be3 View Post
    Do you think it's possible they seem nicer to you because you're now nicer to them because you're happier.. And giving off good vibes??

***Sent from my phone***
    No

I am not happier just lighter.

I was happy and nice before.

I don't get why people think because you fat that you are unhappy.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (02-06-2012),MissMuppet  (03-06-2012),MsMummy  (02-06-2012),SassyMummy  (03-06-2012),shelle65  (03-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No

I am not happier just lighter.

I was happy and nice before.

I don't get why people think because you fat that you are unhappy.
    I never said you were unhappy when heavier. I said maybe (cause it is just logic) that someone who loses weight could be HAPPIER..

And because most people I know who want to lose weight and then do so, ARE happy about it :-)

***Sent from my phone***

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Happy2be3 For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (05-06-2012),onedayatatime  (03-06-2012)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think its societies views on overweight people, i also think that these thin people assume that when we were heavier we were unhappy. And since when is it a crime to talk to an unhappy person like a human being and ask them how they are anyways?

Im the same as i always was, when it comes to straingers, i avoid people, im not a fan of being aroound people, and my weight hasnt changed that, im also trying to make sure my boys are ok when we are out which can be a tough job, yet now, i get asked how i am at the checkouts, by the same people who never uttered a word to me for years while i was big. Teachers at school treat me differently, my exercise instru tors treat me differently, they dont look at me with pity anymore, school teachers are so much nicer to me... Etc.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (03-06-2012),MissMuppet  (03-06-2012)