+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily of the Nile View Post
    The pp said strangers, larger people, are mean to her BECAUSE she's skinny. They don't actually tell her this, this is something she is assuming.
    She didn't say "the only reason people are ever mean to me is because I'm skinny and they're jealous," though, which is what you keep suggesting was inferred.

Some people ARE probably mean to her due to her size. Same as some people ARE mean to fat people because of their size. It doesn't mean the only reason anyone could ever be angry with her is because she's skinny - she didn't say that and I highly doubt she meant that either. Just saying that sometimes, she's treated negatively simply due to her size alone.

Which, quite frankly, is unfair and it really shouldn't be the way.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (05-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post

Stifler's Mom, I've heard that too... weight around the middle is far more dangerous (generally) health-wise than someone who has a smaller waist but chunky limbs or hips or whatever. A wide waist is the danger zone, which is why they say for women to remain under 80cm in waist circumference.
    I am probably a classic example.

I'm slim, but if I put on weight it's around my middle. I eat whatever I want whenever I want usually, and don't exercise at all. I suspect my health isn't optimal just now at 5'4" and 56kgs.

Guest Guest
    Skinny bi!tch comes from a place of jealousy.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (05-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    This is what she said. I still don't think the majority of larger people are rude to her because she's skinny or are thinking 'bugger off skinny *****' I'm sorry I don't believe that and I don't think anyone should believe this is what larger people are thinking cause majority of the time it's not.
    Ahh so now you know what they are all thinking?

She said this is how she feels. I don't see what is so offensive about that.

I've never felt this way, even when I was really thin. But this is her experience, not mine. With some of the comments she's received, I don't blame her for feeling this way..

Just as I have heard and read that larger women feel judged and looked down on by thinner people, I don't blame them for feeling this way.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    Ahh so now you know what they are all thinking?

She said this is how she feels. I don't see what is so offensive about that.

I've never felt this way, even when I was really thin. But this is her experience, not mine. With some of the comments she's received, I don't blame her for feeling this way..

Just as I have heard and read that larger women feel judged and looked down on by thinner people, I don't blame them for feeling this way.
    I do know every large person is not thinking what she said, yes I will confidently say that.
    I didn't say she's not feeling this, but I don't think it's right to have that perception of every large person. If I was experiencing this I would question it abit further and not just think it's because I'm skinny.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (05-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiflers Mom View Post
    I am probably a classic example.

I'm slim, but if I put on weight it's around my middle. I eat whatever I want whenever I want usually, and don't exercise at all. I suspect my health isn't optimal just now at 5'4" and 56kgs.
    Whereas I tend to lose from my middle first. At 74kg and 160cm tall my waist is 78cm... my boobs and hips are about 103cm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do know every large person is not thinking what she said, yes I will confidently say that.
    I didn't say she's not feeling this, but I don't think it's right to have that perception of every large person. If I was experiencing this I would question it abit further and not just think it's because I'm skinny.
    ...*sigh*

Clearly you're not understanding what everyone is trying to say.

This is going round in circles - I think if you want to debate whether or not skinny people out there think whenever a fat person is mean to them it's based on their size and jealousy alone, then please start another thread. I don't want mine closed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I think there are much nicer ways to word your previous posts if this is the case I don't think the rant about jealousy and people wanting her body was necessary TBH.

She said she gets this feeling from the 'majority' of large people she encounters. She didn't mention 'every' so she's still being unfairly misquoted.

Funnily enough, I do agree that most large people don't think or say nasty things about people who are thin. Perhaps she is feeling insecure because she has had such horrible things said to her. I think this is a fairly normal reaction if you've been picked on for a certain physical attribution.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    Whereas I tend to lose from my middle first. At 74kg and 160cm tall my waist is 78cm... my boobs and hips are about 103cm.
    The middle is a great place to lose it from first. If I get much lighter than I am now it is barely discernable on my body but very obvious on my face.

All this talk about weight and health has made me want to step foot into a gym for the first time lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiflers Mom View Post
    The middle is a great place to lose it from first. If I get much lighter than I am now it is barely discernable on my body but very obvious on my face.

All this talk about weight and health has made me want to step foot into a gym for the first time lol.
    My problem is that i tend to lose from my face and can end up looking slightly gaunt despite having a healthy body weight. It drives me mad.

I really want to go to a gym. I would love some physical strength.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (05-06-2012)