+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondEyes View Post
    i try not to think mean things about anyone!
    You're a sweetheart Sorry for misquoting. I only saw one post with the word jealous and kinda forgot exactly what it said. you're right.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    no no its ok i just quoted what i said because i freak out if people think im being a certain way when im not lol.

Guest Guest
    So strangers in a supermarket are mean to the checkout girl because they're jealous of her body? And this happens all the time by every large person? If you told me about 1 incident by 1 person I wouldn't have this opinion but because it was so general and felt it happens all the time I stand by my comment and think it's vain and don't think that's the only reason.
    Just because someone has admitted to being jealous of a thin person and being mean to them because of that, I don't think every large person is the same.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily of the Nile View Post
    So strangers in a supermarket are mean to the checkout girl because they're jealous of her body? And this happens all the time by every large person? If you told me about 1 incident by 1 person I wouldn't have this opinion but because it was so general and felt it happens all the time I stand by my comment and think it's vain and don't think that's the only reason.
    Just because someone has admitted to being jealous of a thin person and being mean to them because of that, I don't think every large person is the same.
    But nobody has said that.

I think the general idea was that when a fat person is mean to a skinny person BECAUSE THE SKINNY PERSON IS SKINNY, it usually comes from a place of jealousy.

Nobody suggested that the only time a fat person is mean to a skinny person is when they are taking out their jealousy on that skinny person. I'm pretty sure everyone here is not so stupid as to believe a fat person can't simply just be in a bad mood or be a jerk, or whatever, and that sometimes, a skinny person might be a target of that... but that's not due to size. People were talking about nastiness DUE TO SIZE.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    I haven't seen a thin person say others are jealous of them, which is what LOTN is trying to get at.
    Then why else would someone say larger people are mean to them all the time because they're skinny? She didn't say everyone, she specifically said 'larger' people.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    She didn't SAY they are mean because they are jealous.

Just as some large people feel unfairly judged for their weight, a PP mentioned she FEELS unfairly judged and this could be because she's thin. Never made mention of jealousy.

If somebody said they feel unfairly judged by thin people because she's overweight I wouldn't see this as vanity nor jealousy. Why is it vanity the other way around? I'd say sometimes people are just @ssholes.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (05-06-2012)

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    But nobody has said that.

I think the general idea was that when a fat person is mean to a skinny person BECAUSE THE SKINNY PERSON IS SKINNY, it usually comes from a place of jealousy.

Nobody suggested that the only time a fat person is mean to a skinny person is when they are taking out their jealousy on that skinny person. I'm pretty sure everyone here is not so stupid as to believe a fat person can't simply just be in a bad mood or be a jerk, or whatever, and that sometimes, a skinny person might be a target of that... but that's not due to size. People were talking about nastiness DUE TO SIZE.
    The pp said strangers, larger people, are mean to her BECAUSE she's skinny. They don't actually tell her this, this is something she is assuming.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarylee View Post
    I hope this doesn't come across the wrong way.....

But I am a very thin person, I get comments all the like like your too skinny, eat some food blah blah blah. It seems socially acceptable to pick on someones body shape when they are "too thin" but not ok to tell someone they are big. Really bugs me!

Anyway, I feel like majority of larger people are rude to me.! I smile in the service line and receive a look of disgust. I try to make conversation and I am snubbed. Maybe it's coincidental, but it happens all the time......it feels as though I'm being looked at like bugger off you skinny *****!
    Jarylee - sorry to quote you, but I thought I'd bring up what you said, to show that you weren't saying half the things that seem to be attributed to you!

Jarylee has said that she gets comments all the time, and gets picked on for being thin.

In her experience, she feels like larger people often treat her differently from thinner people.

That might not be the case, but it might be. And it's her experience.

I just don't get why anyone would feel the need to say that it's not her experience, and that she is being "vain". If she receives a lot of negative comments about her size then it would explain why she may think that is a reason people are snubbing her.

Without knowing Jarylee (or anyone), it seems odd to say that her experience is invalid.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

Benji  (05-06-2012),Eko  (05-06-2012),MissMuppet  (05-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I've come to the conclusion that there are just a whole lot of jerks in the world

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarylee View Post
    Anyway, I feel like majority of larger people are rude to me.! I smile in the service line and receive a look of disgust. I try to make conversation and I am snubbed. Maybe it's coincidental, but it happens all the time......it feels as though I'm being looked at like bugger off you skinny *****!
    This is what she said. I still don't think the majority of larger people are rude to her because she's skinny or are thinking 'bugger off skinny *****' I'm sorry I don't believe that and I don't think anyone should believe this is what larger people are thinking cause majority of the time it's not.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (05-06-2012)