+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Guest Guest
    If lots of larger people were being mean or rude to me ALL THE TIME like th epp said I'd question myself and what I was projecting. To say it's because "I'm skinny" and that's it IS VAIN. I'm not trying to be mean here, I'm trying to make people see that what you think is not necessariloy what someone else is thinking!!
    They might be rude because they're having a bad day, they might not smile back or be talkatiove if you're not being talkative. I've come across many shop assistants who don't smile or talk and so I don't either. If I'm having a bad day but then someone is really bright and bubbly with me, I can't help but be nice back. It's usually what you project that makes somoene be nicer. But to immediately assume they're not being nice because you're skinny and they're jealous??? Sorry I don't agree with that.
    Unless all those people are telling you that's what it is I'm pretty positive that's not the reason.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (05-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    ....I'm still looking for the part where she mentioned jealous. That was all you LOTN.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    She never said it's because they are jealous of her.

A lot of larger people say they feel judged by people who are of small/average weight. Unless that person has flat out said something to them, we don't know for sure this is the reason either. But there's nothing wrong with feeling insecure about your weight, and feeling that people may be making incorrect judgements about you because of your weight. That's not vanity, it's a sad reflection of our society and its lack of acceptance of anything outside the norm.
    Being insecure is to not liking ones body and feel they're being judged by their flaws. That's not what I'm getting here, I got not just from this post but a few back that 'larger' people are being rude to them because they're skinny and one pp said it's probably because they're jealous. That to me is vain, concenrned about their appearance, thinking someone wants to be like them.
    I didn't get insecure from that You're not truly insecure if you think people want your body.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily of the Nile View Post
    Being insecure is to not liking ones body and feel they're being judged by their flaws. That's not what I'm getting here, I got not just from this post but a few back that 'larger' people are being rude to them because they're skinny and one pp said it's probably because they're jealous. That to me is vain, concenrned about their appearance, thinking someone wants to be like them.
    I didn't get insecure from that You're not truly insecure if you think people want your body.
    I think you're making a bit of an assumption that someone who says they are judged because of their body has no evidence to support it. What if they had often been on the receiving end of comments about it? What if they found that often similar sized people were lovely to them, but larger people weren't? And couple that with several size related comments, and you can see why they might think that was what's behind it.

And knowing that someone else might like what you have doesn't mean you can't be insecure. I'm a size 12, and I'm insecure about my body. I know there are people who would love to be a size 12, but personally I still feel too big. We all have our own hang-ups.

Guest Guest
    ....I'm still looking for the part where she mentioned jealous. That was all you LOTN.
    Someone else said that Benji, it's why I didn't specifically quote her post. I was also being general because there's alot of these assumptions in this thread. Not everyone is concerned about their weight and not everyone is looking at people or eing rude to them because of their weight alone. Using the word vain is not to cause offence but their is no other word for it and using the word insecure isn't the right one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    DiamondEyes gave the jealous thing as an example because she sometimes thought others say mean things about a thin person because it comes from a place of jealousy..

I haven't seen anybody say people want their body, that's all you.

I do think a lot of people are nasty to others because they are jealous. That's pretty common knowledge.
    Last edited by Benji; 05-06-2012 at 11:50. Reason: edited - wrongly misquoted DE

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    DiamondEyes gave the jealous thing as an example because she sometimes thought mean things about a thin person because SHE was jealous..

I haven't seen anybody say people want their body, that's all you.

I do think a lot of people are nasty to others because they are jealous. That's pretty common knowledge.
    sorry, i didnt say i thought anything bout anyone negatively, i said that when i have seen or heard negativity towards a thin person it comes from that place of jealousy. i.e my sister seeing someone 2 sizes smaller looking awesome and saying lucky bish etc.

i started many posts ago, if i ever look at a thinner person its with admiration.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I'm jealous of skinny people, and I was REALLY jealous of skinny people when I was bigger than I am now. They had what I wanted - of course I was jealous. I won't get mad with any skinny person who thought I was a bit funny to them because I was jealous... because it's probably true. That said, I'm not a b*tch to skinny people because they're skinny, I just felt inadequate in their presence so prefered to avoid them. Nothing is worse than being "the hot girl's fat friend."

Stifler's Mom, I've heard that too... weight around the middle is far more dangerous (generally) health-wise than someone who has a smaller waist but chunky limbs or hips or whatever. A wide waist is the danger zone, which is why they say for women to remain under 80cm in waist circumference.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondEyes View Post
    My perception has always been if i witness someone being not overly nice to a person who is thin, has got to do with jealously
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondEyes View Post
    Lol never in my life have i ragged on a thin person, if ive ever purposefully looked at a thin person its with 'wow she looks lovely id love to look like that...' kind of admiration.
    i try not to think mean things about anyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh sorry DE, I did misquote you there. Just read it back and yes your perception was that if someone is nasty because someone is smaller it does usually come from a place of jealousy, not that you were jealous

I haven't seen a thin person say others are jealous of them, which is what LOTN is trying to get at.