+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Exactly ST.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loving6 View Post
    That is a problem we have in society. It frightens me that people I love don't get things checked out, they think they are healthy because they are skinny.
    Ugh this is my mum! Her idea of breakfast is half a dozen ciggies and a coffee, and she wont drink water only soft drink, and she thinks she is healthy because she is a tiny size 8. Sigh.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OJandMe View Post
    I don't appreciate being misquoted... please use what I said in context... I said that you can't be 70kgs and at optimum unless tall or fit... everyone knows that muscle weighs more than fat. And it's common sense to realise that taller frames can carry more weight.. that's just bone structure...

But... you cannot be at optimum at 70kgs if you are short.... even if you're super fit...

It's not optimum...

I'm actually really really tired of this excuse culture. Our average weight is overweight. that's not good... that is very bad... our nation has a majority population which is overweight, that is not good, that is very bad...

I'm not going to normalise and 'okay' being overweight... it's not okay. It's not healthy and it shouldn't be made to be okay.

Instead of people saying "oh she's okay, the average woman is a size 14 blah blah blah....." They should be saying "you know what.. our culture is not encouraging our health.. let's show this nation that the average doesn't equal okay.. " How much healthier would we be as a nation if the average size was a 12 (for a woman of medium height)

Show me a 5'3 person who is 70kg and 'optimum'.. not 5'7, not 5'9 not someone who can run 8km and lift weights..... because lets face it.. I doubt the 'average' can do that...

so please, quote me, disagree with me, agree with me whatever,..... but don't misquote me.

That being said: I totally get what Stace is saying... being treated differently because you've lost weight absolutely stinks... everyone is entitled to the same amount of respect regardless of size, gender, ability, race or religion.

ETA: And the same goes for men too! The average male is overweight also! Put down the car keys and ride a bike............ Or park and walk the last 2km.
    Agree 100%!!! Being over weight (and I'm not talking only 5kg) is not ok. Your body is under so much more strain and has to work harder. You can't be healthy at a size 18+, I would even go as far as saying 16+ although some people do carry weight differently.

Hollywood-at 177cm and 68kgs, you're perfect, and I think that's what ojandme was trying to say. See me, I'm 158cm at 68kgs, I was just a fatty. I worked my butt off and got to 52kg, currently 54kg.

In regards to the OP, my mum lost 70kg and gets treated far worse than she did before. It's as though people are now jealous of her new body, happiness and love for life quite sad really when she only decided to do something about it after successfully beating cancer. Her idea was, why fight the cancer if I'm just gonna die in 5 years time from a heart attack or stroke. Although I don't tell her, I'm so proud of her and glad she will be around a lot longer.
    Last edited by Ngaiz; 05-06-2012 at 06:07.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

OJandMe  (05-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    this is a photo of me about 70kgs, I'm 165cms tall (bang on average I think?) - and a teeny bit pregnant because thats the only time I photographed my body! so yeah ignore that little baby bump.

right now I weigh 83kgs and look quite different BUT put down my keys and walk to the park? I don't have a car, I walked an average of 6klms every. single. day. through my pregnancy (and still gained 13 kgs on top of "pregnancy" weight!!! ) now I probably only walk maybe 20klms a week because katelyn doesn't like the pram so its a lot harder doing it pushing nearly 20kg toddler and wearing 7kg baby.

I'm fit - at 83 kgs I'm not happy with how I look, but I've started jogging (with both kids in the pram) I'd be much happier to be 70kgs.

not all bodies are built the same.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Boobycino; 05-06-2012 at 06:41.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

SassyMummy  (05-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    The ideal weight for my height is between 58 - 72 kg or something like that. At 58kg, I would be admitted for anorexia. My bones are big. I would be happy at 80kg, and that would still put me in the overweight category according to bmi. I also am very muscly. I have big muscles in my legs and bmi does not take that into account.

I am fitter and healthier now than I was in my late teenage years and my twenties.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would not look right at 58kgs. 64 kgs I had pokey ribs and collarbone happening.

Thanks
    Reviews
    BUT actually at 70 I thought I wanted to be 60kgs but that's just not right for my body 65-70 is I think ideal for my body at this fitness level. I do think my body tends to bulk up with muscle (particularly on my legs. everyone compliments my legs but I don't like them, I'll never be slender because I have tree trunks for legs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I hope this doesn't come across the wrong way.....

But I am a very thin person, I get comments all the like like your too skinny, eat some food blah blah blah. It seems socially acceptable to pick on someones body shape when they are "too thin" but not ok to tell someone they are big. Really bugs me!

Anyway, I feel like majority of larger people are rude to me.! I smile in the service line and receive a look of disgust. I try to make conversation and I am snubbed. Maybe it's coincidental, but it happens all the time......it feels as though I'm being looked at like bugger off you skinny *****!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's funny isn't it. I'm 168cm and 60kg but I look overweight - you would NEVER catch me in public in a bathing suit. If you did you would be shaking your head at my flab and wishing I would cover it up.

Guest Guest
    If people are being rude or mean to you all the time it's because of what your projecting, it's not because you're skinny and they're jealous of your body.
    I think it's really vain to think that and not question yourself any further.