+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My perception has always been if i witness someone being not overly nice to a person who is thin, has got to do with jealously, not with disgust and judgement over your overall existance and contribution to society.

Im not saying it makes it any better, but i know which lot of harshness id prefer to take, someone looking at me thinking lucky bish. Than thinking ' eugh im repulsed, that person is a burden on society and our resources'

Just a different perspective to look at.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I haven't noticed a difference TBH. I used to be a size 18 and am now going towards a size 8 (under weight due to some health issues) and people treat me the same regardless. The only person who treats me different, is my sister. She loathes me for being skinny while she is errr less skinny.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I understand what you're saying DE but the thin person doesn't know they are thinking "lucky bish", the thin person is just copping an attitude from a stranger, the same as an overweight person is potentially copping and attitude. There probably is a difference in the judgement but who are these people to judge anyway is what gets me. I'd take 6kgs off the next person that walked past me if it meant I could feel better about myself, actually buy clothes and maybe give back some of my sh!tty health issues.

Sometimes I think people in general stink

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    People definitely stink.

Im sorry you recieve negativity. i hope your health issues improve xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Meh 'no woman's body could function optimally at 70kg?'

I'll post a photo of me at 69.5kg in a bikini published on a body transformation website "Ideal Bodies Online" where I can guarantee my body was functioning optimally: blood pressure 120/60 cos I was so fit, could run 8km with ease and could lift heavy weights.

Input like that is not helpful to women who don't aspire to look stick thin and have naturally broader skeletons, curves or are heavier set naturally. Healthiness doesn't come in one shape or size and your ill informed judgments of what weight is acceptable acts like a trigger to people susceptible to ED's and body dysmorphia.

Elite male athletes can be in peak condition anywhere up to say 120kg because we accept men are built in different heights, widths and masses. A front rower versus a male gymnast, for example. They're built differently. 100kg could = 5% body fat on the footballer. 100kg is obese on the gymnast.

It's the same for women too. We're just more critical of women and some seem to delight in putting others down even when they don't actually have a clue.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MMelissa For This Useful Post:

Benji  (05-06-2012),SassyMummy  (05-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by OJandMe View Post
    I don't think that any woman (except a tall, fit person) would have an optimal body functionality at 70kgs. That's just science...

Don't get offended, get healthy.
    I was my healthiest and fittest at JUST under 70kg and I'm only 168cm tall.
    Unless you are qualified in the area I really don't think that comments like that are helpful or factual.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    I look like starvation on stilts at 70kg.

I'm currently 113kg (and dropping), I gained about 30kgs in my last pregnancy, I was a bit tubby beforehand but 5 months of bed rest and prenatal depression helped me 'blow out'.

I'll be happy and healthy at 85kgs. At my height a bit of 'meat' actually looks much better than being super slim.
    this made me go

this is me exactly....but my happy weight is about 75-80....but 5 months of bed rest plus depression plus steroids had me at 112 (currently 90).

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I don't appreciate being misquoted... please use what I said in context... I said that you can't be 70kgs and at optimum unless tall or fit... everyone knows that muscle weighs more than fat. And it's common sense to realise that taller frames can carry more weight.. that's just bone structure...

But... you cannot be at optimum at 70kgs if you are short.... even if you're super fit...

It's not optimum...

I'm actually really really tired of this excuse culture. Our average weight is overweight. that's not good... that is very bad... our nation has a majority population which is overweight, that is not good, that is very bad...

I'm not going to normalise and 'okay' being overweight... it's not okay. It's not healthy and it shouldn't be made to be okay.

Instead of people saying "oh she's okay, the average woman is a size 14 blah blah blah....." They should be saying "you know what.. our culture is not encouraging our health.. let's show this nation that the average doesn't equal okay.. " How much healthier would we be as a nation if the average size was a 12 (for a woman of medium height)

Show me a 5'3 person who is 70kg and 'optimum'.. not 5'7, not 5'9 not someone who can run 8km and lift weights..... because lets face it.. I doubt the 'average' can do that...

so please, quote me, disagree with me, agree with me whatever,..... but don't misquote me.

That being said: I totally get what Stace is saying... being treated differently because you've lost weight absolutely stinks... everyone is entitled to the same amount of respect regardless of size, gender, ability, race or religion.

ETA: And the same goes for men too! The average male is overweight also! Put down the car keys and ride a bike............ Or park and walk the last 2km.
    Last edited by OJandMe; 04-06-2012 at 23:48.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OJandMe For This Useful Post:

bumMum  (05-06-2012),Deserama  (05-06-2012),FearlessLeader  (05-06-2012),Guest1234  (05-06-2012),Mod-pegasus  (05-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with you OJandMe.. We have a sedentary lifestyle on average, so the average weight/clothes size whatever is not necessarily 'optimum' health wise... It is just the cultural norm.

I can run 8km and lift weights at 74kgs... I can also do that AND also feel much healthier at 64kgs... Just because one can do something doesnt mean they are at their optimum

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Super Trooper For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (05-06-2012),Guest1234  (05-06-2012),OJandMe  (04-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondEyes View Post
    My perception has always been if i witness someone being not overly nice to a person who is thin, has got to do with jealously, not with disgust and judgement over your overall existance and contribution to society.

Im not saying it makes it any better, but i know which lot of harshness id prefer to take, someone looking at me thinking lucky bish. Than thinking ' eugh im repulsed, that person is a burden on society and our resources'

Just a different perspective to look at.
    Some people also look at skinny people and assume junkie... Therefore pathetic scum, scurge of society, burden on resources, dole bludger... Just food for thought

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Super Trooper For This Useful Post:

ICanDream  (05-06-2012)