+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    it annoys me my df equates healthy with skinny and katelyn is 3 months old, I'm still heavier than I would like to be but I'm happy with my health and fitness (not with what I see in the mirror but I'm absolutely as fit as ever) and my df cannot understand that. and he thought me losing 6kg in 2.5 weeks when I had morning sickness was a good thing, he didn't understand why it would upset me to be losing weight. he recognized it wasn't pleasant but he couldn't understand how weight loss could be distressing . because it's so deeply ingrained in him skinny = healthy .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loving6 View Post
    I just wanted to address this point.

Personally losing weight has Given me body issues that I didn't have before.
    I think I looked better fat then i do now. I certain was more comfortable. I have loose skin issues now that cause me pain as well the fact I can't stand to look at it. It is gross. Not mention the vein issues I have as a direct effect from losing weight.
    I couldnt agree more! Ive gone the other way, but when I was a size 10, I used to shudder over my 'fat thighs' and 'rolls of back fat'
    Im a whale now and think "meh" and eat some nachos.
    Im 178cm tall, and under 70kg I look ill. My sister is the same height, and sits at about 55kg (45-50 when shes modelling) but has a far smaller frame (except for her ribcage, as shes a size 10 bra,and flat chested but a 6 in everything else)
    MY healthiest was about 80kg, I trained 6 days a week (and went for a 'relaxing 5km run' on my break day) but I was 17% body fat (my periods stopped at that stage)
    I wont be a size 10 again, but my goal is a 14.
    And while Ill still be me, I think that I will be less confident when im thinner, as I was before.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    I look like starvation on stilts at 70kg.

I'm currently 113kg (and dropping), I gained about 30kgs in my last pregnancy, I was a bit tubby beforehand but 5 months of bed rest and prenatal depression helped me 'blow out'.

I'll be happy and healthy at 85kgs. At my height a bit of 'meat' actually looks much better than being super slim.
    You must be tall! I'm pretty chubby at this weight, but before babies I was one of 'those' girls who ate anything and everything and never went above 50kg I was petite. Last time I got measured with that thingy that measures fat I was classed as obese not just overweight like the chart says.
    So everyone is different and carries weight differently. I just know my body and don't bother with scales too much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    it annoys me my df equates healthy with skinny and katelyn is 3 months old, I'm still heavier than I would like to be but I'm happy with my health and fitness (not with what I see in the mirror but I'm absolutely as fit as ever) and my df cannot understand that. and he thought me losing 6kg in 2.5 weeks when I had morning sickness was a good thing, he didn't understand why it would upset me to be losing weight. he recognized it wasn't pleasant but he couldn't understand how weight loss could be distressing . because it's so deeply ingrained in him skinny = healthy .

That is a problem we have in society. It frightens me that people I love don't get things checked out, they think they are healthy because they are skinny.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteTulips View Post
    Oh my! Very impressive! How did you manage that if I may ask? I'm aiming to lose 50-60

Sent from my GT-I5503T using BubHub
    I had a gastric sleeve done. If you want more info pm me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    [QUOTE=Benji;6605789]No, it probably has more to do with the fact you look like a model!

Ahh thanks Benji, you're sweet. I don't see myself that way that all though. Tbh i think it is mostly my socially awkwardness and shyness that puts people off...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That is a problem we have in society. It frightens me that people I love don't get things checked out, they think they are healthy because they are skinny.
    Really? That is sad.. I am skinny and a total hypochondriac lol.. being thin certainly isn't the only measure of health! It reduces some health concerns obviously.. but we all have health issues in this house and are all thin.. people are naive to think a healthy diet makes you invincible.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I find this too. Especially when people are talking about their kids. They think that feeding their kids a diet of donuts, nuggets and coke is fine because their kids are skinny. Doesn't mean skinny kids can't suffer internally... if not now, then years down the track when their metabolism gives them the middle finger and stops doing what it's always done for them.

My brother used to make fun of me for being fat all the time. He was a weedy little thing. "Just stop eating junk Stace," was his line as he mocked me. Of course, then he hit about 21/22 and his body decided to just completely change (as it does with all males in our family), and he ended up fat. He's now fatter than I am. Previously, everyone assumed he was Mr healthy... even though they were well aware of the fact he could drink a whole bottle of bourbon in a night and smokes like a chimney. But you know, he's thin... must be healthy. lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I was pretty concerned that with weight loss at that rate I couldn't have sustained a pregnancy. it wasnt just "fluid" loss it took 2 months to put 6 kgs back on.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (04-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm thin and have health issues. I don't feel people are nice to me because I'm thin, they are patronising to me because I am SO thin, they feel sorry for me because they don't fit. Or I ask if they have something in a 6 and they snigger and tell me they don't stock that size, ok cool but can we leave the snigger out, I'm trying to buy something in your store.

I truly don't think you can win, I think people get treated differently being overweight and people get treated differently for being underweight. It stinks no matter what part of the spectrum you're on IMO.