+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I loved The Other Boleyn Girl and then The Boleyn Inheritance by Philippa Gregory. I read all the books in the series, but these 2 were the best. Love the relationship between the sisters in the former, and the latter has a great character in Catherine Howard... such a teenage girl!

I agree The Help is a good one... some of it is so similar to the film that it's basically word-for-word but the whole book isn't like that, and more goes on so it makes some parts in the movie make more sense.

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society is a good one as well. Funny bits, sad bits, lovely bits... just a good book generally.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank you everyone. I have read Paulina Simons books ( red leaves, Tully, the girl in times square) but not the bronze horseman.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haven't read the help but have seen the movie.

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Joy Dettman's Woody Creek series. The first book of the series is "Pearl in a Cage". Also, anything by Belinda Alexandra is great, try "Silver Wattle". Both are fabulous Australian authors. We need to support our local talent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jez View Post
    Thank you everyone. I have read Paulina Simons books ( red leaves, Tully, the girl in times square) but not the bronze horseman.
    The Bronze Horseman and its sequels are so different from her other books, much much much better than them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try Cathy Kelly's books, she has quite a few and they are all great. I too have read all of Jodi Picoult and most of Paulina Simon and I found Cathy Kelly has a similar writing style so I enjoy all her books.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society is a good one as well. Funny bits, sad bits, lovely bits... just a good book generally.
    Yes!!! Such a sweet book!!