2 14.29%

10 71.43%

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Gosh this pram buying is stressful business lol!!! It took me hours of research to find 6 I liked the look of then I went and tried them out...... But I always kept coming back to the strider plus 4. My budget was $1000 for everything - pram, capsule, second seat and later on if required the skate board. Got what I wanted with money to spare too!!!

Yes the strider is a bit wider and a tad heavy but for me these were very minor. I feel the weight adds to it's stability which I found very important. I have taken it for a few test runs with my DD who is 3 and she loves it although 90% of the time she walks and I end up pushing an empty pram lol. I also like the capsule I think new DD will be very cosy and having a winter bub in rainy ole tassie will mean she won't get wet getting in and out of pram/car most of the time.

I asked heaps of people (strangers mostly) why they liked/disliked their prams and why they bought what they bought and out of those that hated what they had 3/4 said they wished they had got a strider plus!!!

It's an individual thing what pram you buy as we all live different lives....

Good luck with your selection

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybelline View Post
    Yeah I know..but really is still a great pram!!!..
    Forget a Bug for off road..my Cameleon was so annoying on anything other then a shopping centre surface (more so when she was over 1 yrs)
    ahh what to do?

Im looking through the bugaboos now to make sure im not missing the perfect pram.

my sis has a MB, im not sure which one and it annoys me that I can't see my nephew. I open the top flap but then the sun gets in his eyes and he hates it. Plus it tips when you have like 2 things on the handles and take him out? but maybe they all do that?

I dont know if it makes a difference, but I am getting a few wraps and plan on using them as much as possible instead of pram. But I know I will still need a pram.

I guess I need to work what I need to use it for more
    -around the farm (only 8acres) and walking down the street/on the rail trail
    -at the shops/town in the country and in Melbourne

Will be spending a fair amount of time in melbourne.

I was thinking the rebel q cos it woudl work in Melbourne but hopefully I could take in down the street onto the rail trail for walks when I don't want to use the wrap. It has all the features I want and maybe with the air tyres it could work in country? I wouldn't take either pram out into the pattacks or anything though - just use the wraps for that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybelline View Post
    Yeah I know..but really is still a great pram!!!..
    Forget a Bug for off road..my Cameleon was so annoying on anything other then a shopping centre surface (more so when she was over 1 yrs)
    I think it must be a personal preference thing. Both my Cameleon and Bee are far better off road than my friend's MB. She agrees.

The MB's steering gets quite difficult and unreliable whereas the Bugaboos maintain their light steering.

Guest Guest
    I used the strider for less than a year and my toddler outgrew it. Its great for newborns though and has a lot of storage, comes with all the accessories and is cheaper than most.
    Only thing is and what I hated is it's heavy, bulky and you need a big boot. I have the bj city mini which is so lightweight in comparison and so easy to get in and out of the car. With the strider I had to take both seats off and fold the frame to get in the car and it became a pain with lots of trips. I can't even imagine getting it on transport but if you walk everywhere then I think it's good.
    I bought the strider when I had both babies then I tested them all out, it wasn't my favourite for bulkiness but it was the only one that fit my tall toddler at the time and was great for a newborn. (and price)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I totally agree the donkey does not have a compact fold nor is it a compact pram but don't think anything else ticks all the other boxes.

I agree MB are awesome prams (I have a duo) but they are bulky and heavy and their tyres are prone to punctures (I repair mine with tubes from kmart $5 each).

I have had a Phil and teds explorer and it was great but the space under it was taken up by the child in the toddler seat and the toddler seat doesn't recline much. Tipping was never an issue for me as I mentioned previously. It did have an awesome one handed fold as well. It also carries the same issue as a MB with the air filled tyres.

I don't think you will find what you are after without spending $$$$ because you are asking for all the bells and whistles of a luxury pram.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thermy - what luxury pram woudl have it all?

my bosses wife has a MB as well as a bugaboo - she uses the bugaboo in town and the MB down here. Price was no issue for her, but she couldn't find one that had it all for using between country and city?

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttoneska View Post
    ahh what to do?

Im looking through the bugaboos now to make sure im not missing the perfect pram.

my sis has a MB, im not sure which one and it annoys me that I can't see my nephew. I open the top flap but then the sun gets in his eyes and he hates it. Plus it tips when you have like 2 things on the handles and take him out? but maybe they all do that?

I dont know if it makes a difference, but I am getting a few wraps and plan on using them as much as possible instead of pram. But I know I will still need a pram.

I guess I need to work what I need to use it for more
    -around the farm (only 8acres) and walking down the street/on the rail trail
    -at the shops/town in the country and in Melbourne

Will be spending a fair amount of time in melbourne.

I was thinking the rebel q cos it woudl work in Melbourne but hopefully I could take in down the street onto the rail trail for walks when I don't want to use the wrap. It has all the features I want and maybe with the air tyres it could work in country? I wouldn't take either pram out into the pattacks or anything though - just use the wraps for that?
    On the pram and strollers forum they would tell you you need to look at 2 prams, one for shopping and one for outdoors I plan on keeping my MB for walks from home or big trips ie the zoo but am getting a second pram for shopping. Honestly once you can back carry you will find a pram for walking is a pita when we go bush I don't bother taking the pram I just use the ergo on my back.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (03-06-2012)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have never seen one IRL, but have you seen the ad down there V for the Swedish Kronan pram. Check out the advertising page

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttoneska View Post
    thermy - what luxury pram woudl have it all?

my bosses wife has a MB as well as a bugaboo - she uses the bugaboo in town and the MB down here. Price was no issue for her, but she couldn't find one that had it all for using between country and city?
    Donkey but the fold is huge and it would be a pita for me (have a look at the baby gizmo YouTube review of it) it shows it inside a few cars.

I would forgo the 'outdoor' need and stick with babywearing and get a shopping/city pram which opens up a lot of doors. Or get a cheap 2nd hand outdoor pram and forgo the reverse function outdoors as that's what's restricting you in that department.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (03-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    On the pram and strollers forum they would tell you you need to look at 2 prams, one for shopping and one for outdoors I plan on keeping my MB for walks from home or big trips ie the zoo but am getting a second pram for shopping. Honestly once you can back carry you will find a pram for walking is a pita when we go bush I don't bother taking the pram I just use the ergo on my back.
    which pram are you getting?