14. You may not vote on this poll

2 14.29%

0 0%

2 14.29%

10 71.43%

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    If you can forgo the 2nd seat baby jogger are bringing out the versa in July this year it's a mixture of the BJCS and the BJCM, my ultimate pram

Thanks
    Reviews
    What about the Valco Rebel Q pram? I have had a look at that one in store and it looks quite good. I prefer it to the city select. It's narrower than the strider too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    Sorry forgot to say you will not find a stroller that does all the above and is suitable for short quick trips later your better off just getting a stroller and having 2 prams.
    Agree. A $30 stroller from Kmart is fine when bub gets to that age (1+). DS walks a lot of the time anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi! I have a strider plus 4 and just wanted to comment on the width that people have mentioned. It has never been a problem for me at all. Anywhere that I couldn't go you couldn't go with a pram slightly skinnier. Except for once in kmart and i just used the disabled register. I will say that I had two babies in my sisters Phil and teds and it is unstable if you take the top baby out...it just tips back. You can't have a handbag over the handles either, which I know they all say to avoid but everyone wants to do it. :-) imo the extra width of the strider provides more stability and I can take the top baby out and have my bag over the back with my four year old in the bottom and it is safe.
    I love the city select too. Check out the choice reviews though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I noticed no one has mentioned the bebe care rverse xlr.. I tested one.at a baby shop the other day and completely fell in love!! Oh how I want one!!

Sent from my Racer using BubHub

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennybaby View Post
    Hi! I have a strider plus 4 and just wanted to comment on the width that people have mentioned. It has never been a problem for me at all. Anywhere that I couldn't go you couldn't go with a pram slightly skinnier. Except for once in kmart and i just used the disabled register. I will say that I had two babies in my sisters Phil and teds and it is unstable if you take the top baby out...it just tips back. You can't have a handbag over the handles either, which I know they all say to avoid but everyone wants to do it. :-) imo the extra width of the strider provides more stability and I can take the top baby out and have my bag over the back with my four year old in the bottom and it is safe.
    I love the city select too. Check out the choice reviews though.
    Sorry this is an old complaint re the Phil and teds tipping they reviewed this issue and in the newer models it is no longer an issue, I have had the explorer 2010 model with my 20kg and 18kg in the back toddler seat with the top seat empty (they were mucking around at home) and it didn't tip, while out I frequently had just one of them in the back seat and it has never tipped or even budged.

I almost bought the strider the other week but thankfully I didn't I bumped into a woman who has the new 4 model at my local shopping center and I asked her how she found the width and she said it was a pita which is a shame as I know a lot of people rave about it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey.. I have a strider and love it . Using it for a 1 year old and 3.5year old and they are happy in it . It is big, heavy , wider then other prams but it suits my family .I am out and about all day and it a comfy pram for the kids to sleep in .
    Good luck finding a pram I had 5 before I got my strider lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cellent View Post
    What about the Valco Rebel Q pram? I have had a look at that one in store and it looks quite good. I prefer it to the city select. It's narrower than the strider too.
    We have the Valco Rebel Q...with the extendable hood. Fantastic pram. Has everything u listed and more. Easy to put up and down too. 10/10 for us!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh and the strider is soooo wide

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    BJCS
    Strider plus 4
    Bugaboo donkey (IMO crap for the $$ as weight is only 17kg max)
    Phil and Teds promenade

They will tick all your boxes, have a look at baby gizmo on YouTube she does a lot of pram reviews and she has a blog too.
    I love my donkey, best double pram I've had, and I've had a lot of prams!
    I assume the max is 17kg per seat? I don't think that's an issue, unless you have huge kids. My 4 year olds are 15 and 16kg and they don't go in prams any more. And most of those weight requirements are a guide only I think. But the donkey is very $$.
    Anyhow, OP , you don't like bugaboos so it's a moot point.

I had a Phil n teds and it was great. I don't know about the new ones though.
    I hate the strider as it seems so wide, it can't even fit through the normal checkouts at the supermarket which is ridiculous for a single pram.
    I tried out the BJCS as a double and it was like a fricken tank compared to my other twin prams. So long and So very difficult to steer with 2 kids in it. But I'm sure it's fine as a single.

Can I ask why you don't like pneumatic tyres? They are so much better off road (and you will go offroad even if u don't think u will, walking across an oval etc).
    And why you don't want a 3 wheeler? All of my 3 wheelers have been very stable if that's what you worry about.

Personally, and i know you don't like bugaboos, I would get a bugaboo bee plus and get a different pram later if you have another child soon. Or use a buggy board for the older child.