2 14.29%

10 71.43%

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I like that seats that convert b/w bassinet and seat - i have read they are really handy when out at dinner/friends bub can sit up or lie down as they feel. Not critical but a good selling point for me.

So convertible seat/bassinet, reversible, 2nd seat option - it seems only the p&t promonade or the bebe. Both have airless tyres which I like.

But strider is also looking good.

Gruffalo - what didn't you like about the BJSC and Strider?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What about the Mountain Buggy +one? I love my Mountain buggy Urban. I bought a carrycot for my dd and I loved having it and used it heaps. Dd was wrapped for sleep and so having the carrycot made a big difference in those early days. It is car seat compatible too.

I have a Mountain Buggy Urban Elite and a Steelcraft Profile stroller.

The MB is best for pushing around (1 handed push, easy to steer, lightweight push required), is comfy for bubs/toddler, has heaps of storage space that is easy to access, goes over uneven ground easily (including up & down over gutters) and it folds quickly & easily (1 thing to do to make it fold). The MB is wide and when folded takes up a lot of my boot space, which with 2 kids & therefore limited back seat space is a bit of an issue.

The Steelcraft Profile stroller is compatible with the Unity Car Capsule (reason I bought it originally) ... but the capsule rates VERY poorly on the CREP testing and so I didn't bother buying that capsule. It is much harder to steer than the MB, but that's partially cause it has 2 handles (rather than a bar across the back). You really need to use 2 hands to push the pram. So, if you're on the phone, carrying the baby (and pushing the shopping in the pram), trying to eat something, etc, it gets tricky. Storage space is limited and almost impossible to access when the seat is reclined (may be a similar issue with the Maclaren). It does fold up smaller though (but still takes up quite a bit of the boot) and it's much more narrow so I can access more shops.

Basically my point is that it depends on what you want your pram to do. I like having 2 quite different types of pram - a 'heavy duty' one and a 'lightweight stroller' and both have good & bad points. BUT, if I was only going to have one it would be a Mountain Buggy (which is what I had for my ds - didn't have the stroller for him).

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mim1 For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (02-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    They are both really wide, bulky and heavy, PITA to fit into the boot. I like the fact that if I walk to the shops my P&T handles great, fits in smaller shops better. It also holds the weight of both my kids at age 2 and 4 without any struggle and is still so easy and light to push. I found the second seat of the strider plus small. And I hated the awkwardness of the second seat of the BJCS. Don't get me wrong, they are both beautiful looking prams but for my family they just didn't suit and fit our expectations and needs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MB are all 3 wheelers yeh?.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruffalo View Post
    They are both really wide, bulky and heavy, PITA to fit into the boot. I like the fact that if I walk to the shops my P&T handles great, fits in smaller shops better. It also holds the weight of both my kids at age 2 and 4 without any struggle and is still so easy and light to push. I found the second seat of the strider plus small. And I hated the awkwardness of the second seat of the BJCS. Don't get me wrong, they are both beautiful looking prams but for my family they just didn't suit and fit our expectations and needs.
    what phil and ted do you have?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the last model of the sport. I actually bought it second hand from gumtree. I got the pram, second seat and two pannier bags for $250. It was immaculate and as new, so it was a great buy. I think it might be called the explorer model now.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Gruffalo For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (02-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It really depends on what you want. The city select is a GREAT pram for 2 kids and you can have the seats facing any direction EXCEPT for when you're using the bassinett attatchment of which the toddler seat has to than be facing inwards as it won't fit the other way around.. but when it's two seats they can be facing inwards or outwards.. one in one out, both in both out etc etc.

HOWEVER, it's not good as a simple stroller (as in something easy to get in and out of the car). It can be quite time consuming as you need to take the seats off and then fold the pram etc etc. But it has good basket size, great for 2 kids, 4 wheels, bassinett attatchment, great on all surfaces.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    BJCS
    Strider plus 4
    Bugaboo donkey (IMO crap for the $$ as weight is only 17kg max)
    Phil and Teds promenade

They will tick all your boxes, have a look at baby gizmo on YouTube she does a lot of pram reviews and she has a blog too.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Sorry forgot to say you will not find a stroller that does all the above and is suitable for short quick trips later your better off just getting a stroller and having 2 prams.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My only qualm with my strider (I don't have the plus, but I don't think they've changed the fundamental design other than a second seat option) is that it's not public transport friendly. If you used public transport a lot, you would probably want a second lighter, easier to fold pram.

Otherwise, I really liked my strider.

My son is 3.5, and is a bit long for it now (he's 105cm) but he didn't outgrow it weight wise (he's 16kg). but he is quite light for his age. But overall, i would say it has good longevity, even for a heavier kid.

I remember this pram I saw once that folded up with one quick arm movement (city mini something?). If only the strider could do that. but I don't think it had a reversible seat, which was the most important thing to me as 95% of the time I have kept my son facing me, even past 3.