+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I could go on about how they ruined my life but the short end of the story is if you want to do a deal with crooks and fraud artists for a mechanically unsound/unsafe car and pay 3x the market value without signing for that much. Sure go with motor finance wizard.
    If you want the full story pm me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Perhaps try leasing a car instead? Or try Esanda. I went with them and they were fantastic

Sent from my GT-I5503T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I bought a car from them a number of years ago. I have now sold it. It was a good car but I know now that I paid way too much for it.

They did try repossessing the car when I missed one payment but I managed to talk it through with them and keep my car.

I know a number of horror stories and definitely wouldnt go through them again. I agree with pp try esanda they are quite good.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Actually I'm starting to think hiring a car might be a good option for a lot of people with limited finances - especially if you only need it for a few days a week. I would suggest doing the sums and considering hiring a car in the short term.

The benefits are:
    * you will be driving a much newer car, which will likely have good fuel consumption.
    * you have no maintenance costs.
    * insurance is included for you.

The downsides:
    * you don't get to keep the car.
    * you will not always have it available (if hiring for only a few days a week).
    * high excess on insurance (unless you opt to pay extra).

If a five-seater is sufficient, then hiring could be a viable option. Unfortunately six- or seven- seaters dont seem to be offerred, and going up to an eight-seater is a considerable price jump.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I enquired with them a few years ago.. they were the rudest, dodgiest mob I've ever come across. i was told I'd been "approved" and could go to the car yard and pick up my car. I asked how much the car is worth but they wouldn't tell me, they just said that they have a car for me.. I wanted to know the value of the car compared to the total loan amount.. they were so pushy and refused to answer my queires.. babsically told me "we'll discuss it later" and one guy even asked me what my "problem was", I should be so lucky that they approved me.
    They put me in touch with some slime ball from a local car yard who grunted at me over the phone and wouldn't tell me anything about the car until I got down there.
    I said thanks but no thanks. Horrrible customer service, conmen who rip off desperate people. Steer clear.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My sister got caught out with them. They say no interest, yet are happy to slug you $25k for a car worth $8k (70% interest!).
    Certainly not worth the money in the long run, simply for the opportunity to be given finance if you're a single income family or bad credit history.
    Better off saving your prospective repayments, and owning something outright

Thanks
    Reviews
    A lot of the proper new car dealerships have some great finance deals on the little cars - 2.7% I've seen as a special. DP's sister got a brand new proton sedan for 12k. If you take the loan over 5 years the weekly payments are not much at all and at least you know you've got an ok car. I think you can get barinas for about 14k. Also I found the dealer finance easier to obtain than the bank.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone I think me and dh will save our pennies to biy a bigger car but for now we will stick with our car for the time been

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd steer clear if you can. DH and I were in desperate need of a car and felt that MFW were our only option, so we applied. Turned out to be the biggest mistake we ever made. We had our 6 month old with us at the time which I believe they used to their advantage. We arrived at about 10am (after having been told we were already approved) found a car we liked within about 10 mins but it took until 5pm for them to 'finalise' all the paperwork (we were told every 45 mins or so that it wouldn't be much longer). By this time our son was really tired and fussy and we were just soo over waiting and just wanted to get home that we signed the paperwork without really going through the huge (50+ page) contract properly. The next day I read the whole contract properly only to find out we were now locked into paying $23,000 for a car that had a market value of about $3,500. And once we had paid off that $23,000 we could then pay the market value of the car if we wanted to keep it. All up paying $26,500. The salesman also told us that servicing was including in our repayments. When we went to get the car serviced we rang MFW to ask if there was a specific mechanic we had to take it to, only to be told that having the car serviced was our responsibility.
    They will also never tell you the actual price of the vehicle they will only refer to the 'weekly payment amount' and have this on the 'price sticker' on the car.
    If you do feel like you have no other option: 1. Dont take your children with you, 2. be prepared to wait (I've heard they use this stall tactic A LOT!), 3. Do not sign anything without reading ALL the small print first regardless of how long you've been waiting. If they've kept you waiting all day, keep them waiting as long as you need to while you find out what you're in for.