+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh my goodness, I think the lady in the wheel chair might have been having a bad day or maybe just came from the car park where she couldn't get a park in a disability parking bay or something, as I thought it was common knowledge that those aisles are not for the 'sole' purpose of wheel chair access, but anyone requiring wider access including Mums with wide prams.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Bug View Post
    Yeah, those signs are to indicate that the aisle is wide enough for wheelchair access, but not that it is solely for the disabled.
    This, I used to use that aisle more often when I had the pram with me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs P View Post
    Seriously what a nong. Does she think supermarkets employ someone to sit at a wheelchair register all day waiting for people with wheelchairs!?

The sign simply indicates it is wheelchair friendly.
    This

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Gee sounds like that woman had a chip on her shoulder. As fair as i'm aware the aisles are wider for the ease of use by disabled people but not solely for that purpose, they are also for use of anyone who needs more space (big prams etc) or anyone if the aisle is free.
    I use the aisle if it is free.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Uniquey View Post
    Oh my goodness, I think the lady in the wheel chair might have been having a bad day or maybe just came from the car park where she couldn't get a park in a disability parking bay or something, as I thought it was common knowledge that those aisles are not for the 'sole' purpose of wheel chair access, but anyone requiring wider access including Mums with wide prams.

TBH I've never noticed an aisle marked disable access befor, but our nearest supermarket has 'wide aisle' marked on one aisle.

I *think* the problem with common knowledge is that it isn't very common. LOL

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WorkingClassMum For This Useful Post:

Gracie's Mum  (02-06-2012),share a book  (02-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    You're definitely right there (common knowledge not being very common)!

Come to think of it, I don't think I have ever seen a specific 'disability access' sign either, but the ones we have around here have pictures of prams and wheelchairs on it etc, just alerting you to the fact that that particular aisle is wider etc.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    its just a wider checkout, what a loony!

Thanks
    Reviews
    yeah I use to work at Coles and it was just a wider aisle haha I was normally on that check out an yeah easier for wheelchairs and prams but everyone could use it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    It's for anyone use, if you can ever find one open. Mums use a mobility scooter and the amount times she can't get out of a supermarket is shocking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by loving6 View Post
    It's for anyone use, if you can ever find one open. Mums use a mobility scooter and the amount times she can't get out of a supermarket is shocking.
    The one at Annandale is good.