+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Hind water leak?

Laying in bed and felt what felt like bubbles coming from down there, each time there was a "bubble", a small amount of fluid came out. It happened a number of times so I went to the toilet. Undies were wet but not soaked and the fluid smelt.. Weird. Almost like a sickly sweet sweaty smell combined with salty? I don't know if I would describe it as a normal urine smell (and it definitely wasn't a BAD smell like if there was a UTI), but I don't know if I would describe it as a semen smell either (which I know can potentially indicate waters have broken). Went back to bed and could feel a small (very small) trickle that lasted only a couple of seconds- sort of like when you sneeze and have a weak bladder type feeling but not as much fluid.

I'm wondering if it could be a hind water leak? Only thing that's making me question it and not just assume its was bladder leakage is the fact I felt the "popping" sensation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yeah, I'd go get checked. Amniotic fluid does have a sweet kind of smell (not always semeny). Better to be safe than sorry and all that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks. Hasn't happened again but am wearing a pad now jic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'd still go though, they will be able to tell even if it's not currently happening as you walk in. They get you to lay in a certain position for 30 or so mins then swab to test for amniotic fluids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Maybe, because of your dates, you should have it checked out. At the very least keep an eye on it and see if it increases at all. I had what you have described at 31 weeks. I tried to ignore it all day until that evening it had increased to a fairly generous trickle. I went for a check and it was a hind water leak. They were just about to give me a shot of steroids just in case anything happened, when my waters fully ruptured. Needless to say our little man was 3lb and had lots of dramas with his lungs. It might be a leak that will heal itself, or no leak at all - but I think it would be best to make a trip to the hospital. You could ring them first if in doubt and see what they say. Let us know what happens. Take care of you...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks ladies. Haven't had any leaking (that I have noticed) since. Will give the maternity ward a call an just see what they say.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had this too in my last pregnancy thought it was weak bladder but was a hind water leak. Bubs ended up being born 8 weeks early and I had an infection from the leak plus ds had lots of complications too. Please get it checked just to be safe fingers tossed its not and just bladder weakness.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    i went into premature labour with dd, and thats exactly how it started, (but mine was a leak, thenmbloody mucous)
    please go get checked

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This sounds exactly like my hind water leak, I wasn't sure and went on with the rest of my day, but didn't really get much more leaking. Finally I went and got checked at the hospital and it was my hind waters. But I was at 39 weeks, so don't stuff around like I did, go and get checked now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I went and got checked. There is fluid but the amnio test thing (kinda like a HPT) came back negative so the dr wasn't sure. I also started having contractions while there, about 20 mins apart. The dr ended up calling her superior and they agreed that with the negative test and no further leaking since the first lot, I can go home as I live close to the hospital but on the condition if the contractions Change or any more leaking I go straight back, and they are making me see an obstetrician ASAP next week (cant get me an appointment before Monday) and go from there.