+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by OurLittleBlessing View Post
    Have you heard of the GAPS diet? It works on 'healing and sealing' the digestive system. It's pretty full on in some ways, but realistically it's probably not much harder than what you are already doing.

The testimonials are amazing and most people go on to reintroduce things they were previously intolerant to, after some time on the diet.
    I looked into that and it looked great - but we can't have heaps of it because many of the foods in the diet are insanely high in histamines - like pretty much anything fermented (eg sauerkraut), fish and seafood, beef, most dairy products, many fruit and veg, etc.

Having to be low histamine and low glutamate plus cutting out legumes doesn't really allow us to explore other diets... On a positive note, his skin is really good now, about a week after stopping with the RPAH diet.

And giving him corn yesterday confirmed my suspicion that he is sensitive to glutamates - first sneaky poo since he had peas about a month or so ago!

Not that it matter too much, most high glutamate foods are high histamine as well (other than corn and peas pretty much!).

At least I feel like I'm getting somewhere finally. And tomorrow is the NAET appointment so we'll see how that goes. She is also naturopath and said she got rid of her eczema and her toddler son's intolerances with NAET so I hope for the best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had the NAET appointment today and it was very interesting. He pretty much tested sensitive to everything I though he was sensitive to (with the strongest reactions to nuts, histamines and legumes), plus weak reactions to some I didn't suspect like eggs, maple, honey and sugar.

It was very different and interesting... She didn't have a testing vial for glutamates do she'll try to get some. Now that we tested most things we wanted to, we have an appointments for treatment for this Wednesday and Saturday. I'm curious to see he that goes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow! Sounds interesting! I'm really interested to hear how it turns out for you. So what happens from here with that? Do they just tell you what the sensitivities are so you can avoid them? Or do they do things to help lessen the sensitivities?

Thanks
    Reviews
    A little updates from us. Had 3 NAET sessions and Jake got treated for eggs, general intolerance reactions, and nightshades so far. He had a tomato today for the first time in 3 months - no reaction!

He's been off cortisone for 4 days now and his skin is healing well! We're using a Chinese pearl cream on him, and also started giving him natural (herbal) antihistamines - d-hist jr.

I'm really happy he finally seems to be getting better, even better - without cortisone!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm really happy, we're still cortisone free and his skin is 99% clear! He just has two tiny pink dots of healing eczema next to his mouth, his skin is soft and healthy! He can even have tomatoes now without the tiniest flare up!

For the first time in well over a year my boy's skin is healthy, no cortisone, and he has full control over his bowl movement and peeing. He just caught a virus and had the runs - he woke me up in the middle of the night asking to go to the loo. Every singly time he had the runs in those 3 days he asked me in time to take him to the loo (he's only 2.5, he can't go himself).

I am SO happy!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jake's mum For This Useful Post:

erinn  (08-07-2012),Gothel  (07-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    That's so great Jakes Mum

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just noticed this thread, WTG on the improvements there.

I've bookmarked your blog, can't wait to have a look through.

Just reading through your posts about the histemine reaction/intolerance have you ever read any info on dr Andrew Saul? He has several books out and talks about mega dose vitamin therapy. I'm booked into start studying nutritional medicine but have been on a food allergy/intolerance road for 2.5yrs now as my husband has IBD Chrons and Ulcerative Colitis. On my travels I cam across him and it got me thinking as one of my friends has a boy with severe nut allergy, he can't be in the same room with out even a mild flare up, anyway I was talking to his mum and we both thought about trying to fill him up with foods that are natural in ANTI histemines namely oranges and supplementing with Vit C, logically you would think that if the body was Vit C difficient it would act out in the ways of allergies etc. anyway, I'm trying to source the books Dr Saul has written, I know he is a great Dr, when the girls had the big chesty flu the other week I did high doses of Vit C and they had great improvements. If you want to know the HUGE effects Vit C has watch 'food matters' they have footage of curing cancer on it. Anyway just thought I'd put that out there. Your doing really well by the sounds of things, living with food allergies are really hard but I've come to the understanding that the foods that I grew up on are not what ANY one should be consuming, our bodies don't know how to digest these products!

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How does NAET work? Sounds interesting.

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't heard about Dr Saul, will look into it. Unfortunately oranges and other citrus fruit high in vitamin C are major histamine releases - they release histamine stored in your body, so if you have too much histamine in your body they can mimic an allergic reaction :-( it's hard, as many foods high in vitamin C - which is a great antihistamine - are either high in histamine or are histamine releasers! Currently both DS and myself take D-hist (him Jr and me the regular one) which has vitamin C in it as well as quercetin, stinging nettle leaf, and bromelain - all natural antihistamines that don't only temporarily block histamine but rather lower the histamine in the body. I can say I felt the difference in myself after taking it for just a few days. Less than 2 weeks ago I'd get extremely itchy from eating tomatoes, certain meats, hard cheeses etc - now I might have a tiny bit of an itch or nothing. But yes, I think vitamin C is very important in dealing with allergies/intolerances.

Quote Originally Posted by shinebrite View Post
    Just noticed this thread, WTG on the improvements there.

I've bookmarked your blog, can't wait to have a look through.

Just reading through your posts about the histemine reaction/intolerance have you ever read any info on dr Andrew Saul? He has several books out and talks about mega dose vitamin therapy. I'm booked into start studying nutritional medicine but have been on a food allergy/intolerance road for 2.5yrs now as my husband has IBD Chrons and Ulcerative Colitis. On my travels I cam across him and it got me thinking as one of my friends has a boy with severe nut allergy, he can't be in the same room with out even a mild flare up, anyway I was talking to his mum and we both thought about trying to fill him up with foods that are natural in ANTI histemines namely oranges and supplementing with Vit C, logically you would think that if the body was Vit C difficient it would act out in the ways of allergies etc. anyway, I'm trying to source the books Dr Saul has written, I know he is a great Dr, when the girls had the big chesty flu the other week I did high doses of Vit C and they had great improvements. If you want to know the HUGE effects Vit C has watch 'food matters' they have footage of curing cancer on it. Anyway just thought I'd put that out there. Your doing really well by the sounds of things, living with food allergies are really hard but I've come to the understanding that the foods that I grew up on are not what ANY one should be consuming, our bodies don't know how to digest these products!

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaOJ View Post
    How does NAET work? Sounds interesting.

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub
    It seems wacky as - which is why I haven't tried it till now... It's muscle testing for allergies/intolerances and then treating with this special massage, all whilst the patient hold a vial with the content he or she is allergic/sensitive to. It's like a combination of homeopathy and kinesiology. Sounds and looks like hocus pocus... But I was so desperate I was ready to try anything and I do think it's helping DS.