+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default want to meet other mums in the area :)

hi ladies

my name is Claire and I am 25. I have 2 kiddies, a 3 yo boy and 20 month old girl. I've lived in Palmyra for over 9 months and haven't met any other mums! would love to meet anyone else in the area (melville I guess?) and organize a play date or something. let me know your thoughts
    xX

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh I thought I should add.... I'm happy to Facebook friend first so you can stalk me a little and check me out haha. but know that I am friendly, bright and funny! I've been married for 5 years and my kiddies are social, fun, hilarious and play well with other kiddies. i LOVE babies so if you have one be warned lol. I'm keen to do picnics, meet up at parks, do craft with kiddies at my house, morning teas etc. just want to meet more mums and make friends!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Claire, I have two children also...a 2yr old who is amazing in every way possible, but sometimes I also think she is hiding an inner demon and a little boy who is 5 months old...actually he's not little at all, he's a tank and I adore him and his rolls haha I live in Camillo, soon to be Byford. Once upon a time I live in Palmyra on Zenobia Street...many moons ago. Anyway so we are about 30 minutes drive away. I love catching up with my girlfriends and taking my kids to play groups etc, and I guess it keeps us busy and out of trouble! I am 29 and have been happily married for 2.5 years I think that's enough about me for now...I feel like I'm on a dating web site hahaha

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi there, it's nice to "meet" you your kiddies sound lovely, and a similar dynamic to mine. Eli, my 3 yo son can be quite a handful but he is extraordinarily bright and friendly. he'll talk to anyone about anything it's really quite funny! and Gaia is now 20 months but my goodness was she ever a chubber as a bub. still is a little heehee that's really great you keep busy with friends and playgroup. I attend a local one as often as I can but I don't seem to be lucky in the way of making new friends hence my post here. I know what you mean about the dating site thing, I even signed up on one to find other mums to meet but noooo they all want men ofcourse lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great to hear from you eclair! Thank goodness I have enabled email notifications for your response to my post as I would have completely forgotten to check and it still took me 3 days to respond haha I am normally much more on the ball, but my baby's do frazzle my brain from time to time! Love your kids names, I like Gaia for its uniqueness. That's funny you went on a dating site to find friends...I laughed out loud (no offence intended!). We all need our buddies and sometimes it not always easy to find them. I moved to London for 8 years and when I came home to Perth, I really struggled to find a group of friends and adjust to the change, as Perth is quite "clicky". I have a great social circle now, but not everyone has kiddies and everyone is always so busy...myself included, but I like it that way I go to a Playgroup on Fridays and I honestly look forward to it every week. Are you working at the moment? What do you get up to in your spare time? Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
    Shannan

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smileveryday View Post
    Hi Claire, I have two children also...a 2yr old who is amazing in every way possible, but sometimes I also think she is hiding an inner demon and a little boy who is 5 months old...actually he's not little at all, he's a tank and I adore him and his rolls haha I live in Camillo, soon to be Byford. Once upon a time I live in Palmyra on Zenobia Street...many moons ago. Anyway so we are about 30 minutes drive away. I love catching up with my girlfriends and taking my kids to play groups etc, and I guess it keeps us busy and out of trouble! I am 29 and have been happily married for 2.5 years I think that's enough about me for now...I feel like I'm on a dating web site hahaha
    Sorry to crash op, I'm not quite in your area but smileveryday, I'm in Byford too I've a 12wk old DD and would be happy to catch up once your settled if you're interested

Sent from my HTC Liberty using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi shannan I know what you mean about Perth being clicky! I've been in this area for so long now and haven't made friends with anyone here! hence the desperate attempt on the dating website lol then it occurred to be this forum might yield better results
    we have playgroup on Monday's and we do family things on hubby's day off. other than that, I'm home alone with the kiddies all day long most days!

Thanks
    Reviews
    and no worries about crashing michelle I wanted to hear from as many ladies as possible

Thanks
    Reviews
    Where are you originally from, Claire? My hubby is off work for a few months with a shattered heel and broken ankle (a bit of superman work jumping and catching the pram which was about to roll off the Esplanade in Rockingham...just a normal day out and about haha) so we are getting to spend a lot of time together, which doesn't normally happen whilst he's working. Its bitter sweet though you've probably already tried the other sites like *******, BubClub and Huggies but I thought I would suggest them anyway of you.
    Hi Michelle...how are you liking Byford? I am itching to get out of Camillo (as much as I love our family home, I hate the area) and into our new home...I am learning a whole new level of patience

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smileveryday View Post
    Hi Michelle...how are you liking Byford? I am itching to get out of Camillo (as much as I love our family home, I hate the area) and into our new home...I am learning a whole new level of patience
    Sounds like a bit of superman you have there as a hubby!

We love where we are in Byford and have been here just over 3years now. One day though we will move a bit further south so we can have acreage...one day. Are you building? Which estate are you moving to? (We're in Byford on the scarp)

Sent from my HTC Liberty using BubHub