+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Worried - any thoughts?

So, as I've mentioned a couple of times here in the last few days - I'm pregnant. Yay! It's actually very early days for me. My last period was 25th April, but I'm incredibly irregular and ovulated 12-13 days ago at the earliest which puts me at approximately 3 weeks 5 days instead of the 5 weeks 2 days I would be according to my last period. I know I ovulated then because I was using OPKs.

My blood was taken on Thursday and I got the results yesterday - the HCG level was 38. That seems really low, right? I've been getting intermittent back aches like when I get my period, but I've had no spotting or bleeding at all.

I'm worried because it's so early that I'm going to miscarry. I'm 22, this is my first pregnancy. I just have this worried kind of feeling like I'm not allowed to be too excited or anything...how do you stop worrying? I get the new blood count on Monday and it should be higher than 38, right?

Is an HCG count of 38 at 3 to 4 weeks an okay number or is that too low for this far along?

Thanks for any input.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

3. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

EchoSummers  (02-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, I hadn't seen that. Thanks for the link. It makes me
    feel a little better! I guess I'll just have to wait until
    Monday for the results to see if it's doubling as the site says

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by EchoSummers View Post
    No, I hadn't seen that. Thanks for the link. It makes me
    feel a little better! I guess I'll just have to wait until
    Monday for the results to see if it's doubling as the site says
    No worries, all the best for a good result

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh honey, it's just so early to predict what will happen. The good news is that your pregnant! Yay for you! I know you are worried and I know the waiting KILLS, but just hang in there and hope for the best. Sometimes you get that worried feeling that something is wrong just because your hormones are out of whack - so try to just ignore it. Your hcg is fine for this stage. Let us know how you go..

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jaesmummy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's so hard not to worry isn't it? Your HCG level is fine for 3 weeks 5 days. I've had back ache too, still get it on and off and I'm 7 weeks 5 days. There's not much you can do at this stage but to try and relax, easier said than done I know. Good luck.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Marga For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for the insights. It's hard because we're not telling anyone yet so we can't exactly ask family or friends for advice. This place makes you feel so much less alone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Echo
    Im 4 weeks and 4 days so also very very early. I can completely sympathize with you.
    I 'feel' like im going to get a period. Just funny feelings I usually get in my body.... but im not cramping, not bleeding and feeling fine.
    I just want you to know that I am on the worrying journey with you. Its very hard and I find myself holding my breath each time I go to the loo and wipe (sorry if TMI).
    This was a very very welcome surprise for us and I dont want anything to happen. I asked my GP how to relax with this, and he just said 'you cant control the world and unfortunately if its going to happen theres nothing you can do to stop it". I felt a little better after that.... just realising that all the worrying in the world isnt going to change anything. All I can do is take good care of myself, eat properly, take my vitamins and just make sure I listen to my body.
    So, I know this hasnt really done anything to alleviate your fears but just know you arent alone xoxoxo

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopefully Waiting For This Useful Post:

EchoSummers  (03-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    38 at 3 weeks 5 days is perfect

I found out I was preg at 3 weeks 3 days and my HCG levels were 26.

As for your back aches and pains.
    Don't worry about it, if there is no blood then don't worry

I had back aches and all sorts of pain right from the beginning, I always thought I was about to miscarry.
    It's perfectly normal and it's called round ligament pain.
    You have to remember you uterus is going through a massive change right now, and the spike in new hormones can cause your body to do some crazy things.

Even after your hit the 12 week mark you then start worrying about other things.. It doesn't end when their born either lol.

Congratulations on your pregnancy
    I know I can't just say "relax" and you will automatically put your worries to the back of your mind
    But just try to have some time each day to yourself to try and relax and unwind.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopefully waiting and Rachell - thank you for your perspectives. That actually makes me feel so much better knowing other people have experienced the same symptoms.

Ill try to accept that I can't control everything and let go of the paranoia. Do you know if there's a due in group for us, hopefully waiting?