+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mum2bubba View Post
    Thanks everyone, hopefully I find a job soon otherwise I am gonna be homeless as I can't afford rent here much longer (or I am just gonna get a smaller, cheaper place to live).

How much is your rent? Is there much else around which is a lot cheaper?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    I have no idea how this works Cassie. I've got 2 days a week when I could potentially work too... but I'm not sure anyone would be willing to employ me for only 2 set days a week.

It might be worth trying something like McDonalds who can be quite flexible with hours and pay a decent wage for the work that is done (I was on about $24 an hour as a casual).
    There are heaps and heaps of jobs where you can work part time. Aged care, babysitting/childcare, retail, cleaning, admin, Coles or Woolworths.. that's just off the top of my head

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by *Cj* View Post
    How much is your rent? Is there much else around which is a lot cheaper?
    I pay $260 a week, I am struggling. I want to get a smaller place that's cheaper. The kids can share a room.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    When I first went back to work it was 2 days/week at dd's daycare then I was first in line for more days as they came up so I was then able to work more as more came up. Worth trying for at least relief work, you will still be better off working than not working.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Surely centrelink can help. They can register you at a job agency and the agency will then help with a resume and help find jobs for you or get you to do courses in a field that interests you at no cost. Just talk to centrelink about it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Solarberry For This Useful Post:

mum2bubba  (05-06-2012)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    [text deleted by moderator]

Cassie, no advice re: centrelink etc but have you considered before/after school care? you could probably get 7-9am, 3-5-5:30pm on that day and you could take Nathan with you then drop him at day care, have the middle of the day to relax/run errands and then work in the afternoon and pick Nathan up in the afternoon or when you're finished?
    Last edited by BH-KatiesMum; 05-06-2012 at 13:06. Reason: response to deleted text

8. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

mum2bubba  (05-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Solarberry View Post
    Surely centrelink can help. They can register you at a job agency and the agency will then help with a resume and help find jobs for you or get you to do courses in a field that interests you at no cost. Just talk to centrelink about it.
    Good luck with that! If someone is a "primary carer" they are classified as voluntary job seeker, not unemployed. You will be lucky to get an appointment before the youngest is 6, and even after that they are not much help because they get more funding for the long-term childless unemployed, and if they have learning difficulties, addictions, mental illness, poor grasp of the English language or other barriers, that is who their time goes on, not primary caregivers with any kind of work history.

Seriously though, daycare centres are always after relief workers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Good luck with that! If someone is a "primary carer" they are classified as voluntary job seeker, not unemployed. You will be lucky to get an appointment before the youngest is 6, and even after that they are not much help because they get more funding for the long-term childless unemployed, and if they have learning difficulties, addictions, mental illness, poor grasp of the English language or other barriers, that is who their time goes on, not primary caregivers with any kind of work history.
    It really is like this^^. You can still sign up voluntarily but the job network will access you as having a low need for help and will do nothing for you.
    They really aren't any help.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

share a book  (04-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    A job network will help with resumes, job application and interview tips and whatnot.

Don't you need to be signed up to a job network to receive the CCR (or studying etc)? That's what CL told me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Don't you need to be signed up to a job network to receive the CCR (or studying etc)? That's what CL told me.
    No. you just need to be working, studying or looking for work.