+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Is Voltaren Rapid safe in early pregnancy?

Just wanted to know whether Voltaren Rapid (12.5) is safe during very early pregnancy (under 6 weeks)

It says on the packet to seek medical advice if pregnant, but I can't ask my doctor until Monday.

I had to take some for an extremely inflammed throat for the past 2 days, but there is a chance I may be pregnant, so just wondering if anyone else has had feedback from their doctor about the safety of it? Hopefully someone can share their experience, it would be very much appreciated!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm pretty sure you can't take any anti inflammatory medication while pregnant.
    Ring your local pharmacist and they should be able to tell you definitely, thats what I usually do :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What state are you in? NSW has Mothersafe - 1800 647 848. The give advice on what's safe in pregnancy and BFing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got told no voltaren or any other anti-inflammatories for the whole pregnancy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for replying! Gosh, hopefully I'm not UTD, but if I am, then I'm worried it has done harm

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's a BIG no in the third trimester, and an "unknown" for the first two trimesters. It's category C, so I'd avoid it from now if you think you could be pregnant.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Blonde Assassin View Post
    Thanks for replying! Gosh, hopefully I'm not UTD, but if I am, then I'm worried it has done harm
    If your old 6 weeks I'd say your safe, placenta doesn't start supporting the baby until later

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    If your old 6 weeks I'd say your safe, placenta doesn't start supporting the baby until later
    Thanks for the peace of mind, I forgot about the placenta taking time to form. Actually I wouldn't even be 6 weeks, if we are pregnant, its more likely I'm around the implantation stage. As you can tell, its so early I obviously haven't even tested yet

I'll definitely avoid Voltaren from now on though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    my wife is PG and she took one voltaren 50 tablet at the first week of pregnancy, and i am sick worried
    don't know what to do

Thanks
    Reviews
    i was taking cold and flu tablets a week before i found out i was pregnant so around 4 weeks and am now 23 weeks and all the scans and test have come back within normal range....

its just once you know for sure you are pregnant avoid taking anything other then panadol.

Charbelgh has your wife had the first scan yet?