+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by InSaneOne View Post
    when i was working for a dentist as a dental nurse we had this happen occasionally with extractions. the dentist told the patient not to blow his nose for a week and the hole will fill up with tissue and the bone will slowly regrow.

i would definitely stop using sprays and i would seek another opinion from an oral surgeon.
    It depends on the size of the hole, if it becomes a dry socket and if it becomes infected.

Danielle13 it sounds like you have an infection and a dry socket - I suspect you've already been to emergency or the GP.

I suspect you're in for a rough time I hope you feel better today.

Avoca Beach, Central Coast
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Far out WCM that sounds horrible.

No dry socket, I've had that before and I wont forget that in a hurry!

I finished the antibiotics on Saturday night and actually started feeling a bit better today. I haven't even had any painkillers today so that's a big improvement.
    I was only trying the spray because I felt massively congested and thought (hoped) it may have helped somewhat.. but no.

Hopefully with the swelling gone and the pain subsiding it's fixed itself up, or perhaps I just had a sinus infection and a case of really bad timing!

Thanks for the feedback everyone