+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby noises driving me nuts!!!

Hi, my 1 month old DS is grunting, snorting and squirming heaps when he sleeps and I just wonder how well he actually sleeps. He's in the same room as us and the noises are driving me nuts! I make sure he is well burped but the squirming makes him spit, and he's always stretching until his face goes red and looks like he's straining. I figure he can't be constipated since he has ~7 poos a day.

DD was the same but not this bad, tell me this is only a phase!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Id put him in his own room if hes bothering you that much. I doubt there anything wrong hes probably just a noisey sleeper!
    Good luck

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jennibear For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (02-06-2012)

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jennibear View Post
    Id put him in his own room if hes bothering you that much. I doubt there anything wrong hes probably just a noisey sleeper!
    Good luck
    This ^^^

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS was the same, had some noise to do with any movement and I would jump up with every peep. He was just a noisy sleeper.

I moved him to the bedroom beside me where I could still hear him but not the real little noises

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 3.5 week old DD is the same. I've found that we have just got used to it. I'm not ready to put her in her own room yet. I'm probably just too tired to care anymore

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I got one too

Thanks
    Reviews
    My now 5 1/2 mo DD was the same. At 8 weeks of age we put her in her own room, next door to ours. Within 2 nights she was sleeping through. We worked out that she was noisy at night because our noise kept waking her up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My now 5 month old was exactly the same. He would grunt like you wouldnt believe and squirm etc ALL night. It got to the point where i was not sleeping because he was just so noisey. We ended up putting him in his own room, but before we did we changed formula's. ( He was breastfed for 5 weeks, then i changed to formula ) we had him on S26 GOLD and that did not agree with him at all. Turns out it was the s26 that was making him really uncomfortable and a very noisey sleeper. We changed him to heinz nuture and havent heard a peep from him since. He is such a peaceful sleeper now!

threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to wear foam earplugs to bed. They were right beside me so I could see they were fine and breathing, but the little noises didn't keep me awake. Even with the earplugs in, I could hear them crying and I'd wake up straight away

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS was the same. It does stop after a while and you do get used to it too.

He might have a little bit of reflux which makes him uncomfortable lying down. You could try propping the head end of bassinet up slightly with a towel or pillow underneath or book. The other thing that helped DS was to stay upright for 20 minutes after a feed. That was hard work for night feeds but did improve his sleep.

I wouldn't personally be putting such a small bub in their own room yet.