+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Not coping anymore! *Vent* Please give me some strength...

I'm 39+3 and I don't know how much more of this I can take... I'm aching all over - carple tunnel, headaches, dizzy, feel sick, bad rib pain, lower back pain, period type crampy, ligament pain in lower belly, knee pain, tooth pain, insomnia, restless legs, heartburn, constant BH's...

Throughout my pregnancy, I've tried, physio, acupuncture, acupressure, massage, chiro, (most of it recently since being on maternity leave) also, walking on the beach, DTD (so not easy or enjoyable!), hot baths, reading, watching dvd's, craft, cleaning - anything and everything to take my mind off how i'm feeling and how long i've got to go... I just can't relax! I'm so over it!

I also have a feeling this baby is big... my first was 8lb 9, and DH was 10lb... I just have a feeling this one is big and i'm also freaking out about that! I had a scan at 36 weeks and they estimated 7.5lbs then... although I know a scan that late is not totally accurate but i'm still freaking out!

Thankfully my DH has found work in Brisbane now and not working away, so that's one stress I no longer have, however I'm feeling horrible... I went to the hospital yesterday and begged them to induce me but they wouldn't do it... they said wait til my 40 week appointment on wednesday and they'll make an appointment to induce, but it may be up to 40+10...

I've had contractions on and off since last monday, on monday night I thought it was time because they were 5 mins apart lasting 80secs and a little painfull, but they weren't unbareable, the midwife said to stay at home until they ramp up a little more and then after about 6 hours they stopped completely... now i've just had constant painless contractions everyday since... I've had a little bit of bloody show, but not a lot...

I can't do it anymore and I'm starting to feel angry at being pregnant, I'm starting to feel like as soon as this baby is out of me I'm gonna say "here take it away from me, I'm over it, i'm running away!!"... and i don't want to feel that way!!! this is supposed to be a happy time!!! This is DH's first baby and he's sooooooooo annoying excited and I feel i'm taking it away from him...

I'm making my DH's life hell because i'm constantly complaining, he really tries to be supportive, but there's not a lot he can do and I know that, but i'm so tired and grumpy and I just snap at him and my 11yr old DS all the time...

Please give me some strength to get through the next "however long".... how do i stop feeling this way?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey Webby, just had to reply; I know it's so hard when you feel like total crap. I had Hyperemesis gravidarum and threw up every day for 8hrs or more of my pg, also felt like I couldn't breathe either. Try some meditation, positive affirmations (I can get through this! Not long now, etc!), some deep breathing, and lavendar oil baths. I must go to bed (it's 7am and not much sleep) but I hope you find your balance and centre again.

Hugs to you, BaronessM.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You are really close to having your baby and just have to get through the next few days or weeks. A natural labour will be so much nicer for you and for baby.

I hate pregnancy and my babies have both come after 41 weeks. To make the last little bit bareable, i make dates for special things, movie with DH, coffee with your best mate, watching DS at the skate park, massage for you, go swimming, takeaway from your favourite restaurant....

Plan something for every day or every couple of days up to 42 weeks so you have things to look forward to. If baby comes, you won't mind missing them.

hope baby comes soon for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh honey

I agree with pp making heaps of plans for the last stretch is a great idea. I get anxious and highly irritated waiting for things too long, pregnancy is an obvious one and I've found just booking an appointment for your hair one day, plan a trip to the museum or library another, coffee with friend A here cake and coffee with friend B there and before you know it your water will break in public and you'll freakout lol.
    Your focusing sooo much on the 'this sucks, it's taking forever, I feel like cr@p' side and so you need to start focusing on 'I need to do stuff to make me feel good that's awesome and will make up for some of the cr@p' plus catching up with friends now is a good idea as your going to be tried and flat out in just a couple of weeks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles10 View Post
    You are really close to having your baby and just have to get through the next few days or weeks. A natural labour will be so much nicer for you and for baby.

I hate pregnancy and my babies have both come after 41 weeks. To make the last little bit bareable, i make dates for special things, movie with DH, coffee with your best mate, watching DS at the skate park, massage for you, go swimming, takeaway from your favourite restaurant....

Plan something for every day or every couple of days up to 42 weeks so you have things to look forward to. If baby comes, you won't mind missing them.

hope baby comes soon for you
    This is great advice

Thanks
    Reviews
    I totally agree with Bubbles10, however if you're that sore, I doubt you'll want to move around much? My advice may seem stupid, but I've been exactly where you are (I went 40+10 and wanted to rip DD out of me myself).

Why don't you put a positive spin on things? Why don't you plonk yourself in front of the TV with a good DVD, the remote, tea, blanket, crafts (if you do them) and distract yourself? I made DD a handmade elephant plush toy with some scrap material I had lying around and it completely distracted me.

Trust me sweetheart, the time will fly and before you know it, the first year will be such a blur of exciting milestones and long nights you'll get to your little ones first birthday and wonder where did the time go

Thanks
    Reviews
    Will they do a membrane sweep to get things going ??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by happygirl1982 View Post
    Will they do a membrane sweep to get things going ??
    They did one 2 weeks ago because DH worked away and i was freaking out about him not being home... he's home now which is good.

They said they'll do another sweep on Wednesday at my 40 week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have a great deal of advice, but just wanted to say I totally feel your pain.

In fact, this is so similar in every way to a post I wrote when I was nearing the end of my pregnancy it's crazy.

I hope your little one makes an arrival very soon for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thinking of you. Another one here finding late pregnancy really hard. Sending lots of empathy, strength, endurance and patience in your direction and hope your little one arrives very soon and puts you out of your misery.
    Last edited by Joye; 02-06-2012 at 17:46.