+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default High risk at King Edwards Perth

I've just been told my baby has bladder and kidney issues so we need to be monitored at king eddies and have him there. I'm from the country, so don't know much about the hospital at all, and all I can find out is basic public patient info and reviews. Anyone have any experience with high risk and the NICU? Mainly about level of care, and how ling you generally stay, interventions etc...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I am sorry to hear about your baby's health issues The good news is that i have heard nothing but great things about the care at KEMH. I haven't been there myself, but for high risk pregnancies apparently it is absolutely fantastic, has all the best equipment and fantastic levels of care. Not sure about lengths of stay etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey CJWA pm a member called soopernanny she is/ was a midwife there. I am sure she won't mind answering your questions. She is about to have a bub so do it soon. I hope the problem is easily rectified. Gd bless. Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi CJWA

Sorry to hear about your baby's Situation. Unless you have your own ob who is used to look after high risk pregnant women, go to KEMH probably a good choice. I have a friend with Miracle Babies (a charity orgnization, have you heard of it?) she delivered her baby girl just after 31 weeks in King Edward 1.5 year ago. So........ maybe King Ed is a choice for you. Sorry I do not have first hand info about King ed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    King Eddy is great! Several friends/family have had their babies there (prem) and rave about the NICU and staff.

Hope everything goes well for your little one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I cannot commend KEMH enough.

I delivered my baby girl there in Feburary and she was in NICU for the whole 4 days she was alive. The nurses are very competent, they know what they are doing and you wont find any better care. The doctors are the best of the best, its a high risk hospital for a reason. When we made arrangements for bubby to come off life support they brought her up to our room and did it, and did not interrupt us for hours after she had passed away so we could hold her and spend some time together as a family. They flew in some of the best surgeons and cardiologists in the country just for her.

I stayed 5 nights. They didn't even mind if I chose to stay longer. I had my own room and they provided meals for whoever was staying with me. Granted my situation was a little different but I love them- and yes Sooper Nanny is the one to chat to. If you have any more questions Im happy to be PM'd too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wAs high risk and had my twins there in 09. They were fantastic. I spent 5 weeks in total in there before I had my babies and they were very supportive afterwards, letting me stay an extra day so we could all go home together. I bypassed the midwife clinic and saw the same Ob for every appointment and the same team when I was an inpatient. They were all well briefed and knew my case which was reassuring, same in the MFM unit when I would go throughh emergency or head down for monitoring. The MFM unit was very thorough with the constant monitoring, NICU was fantastic, and took excellent care of my little boy and were also good and keeping us up to date with information. I was in a share room with 3 others before I had my babies but was given my own room once they arrived. My husband cold come and go whenever he liked. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else with a high risk pregnancy