+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The good thing about the media beat up is it gives us (the local community) more ammunition in the fight to have baby rooms in more places. A drop in feeding room is due in July in the same mall as this pharmacy, hopefully this article will encourage council to actually help fund it
    Plus the article gave free advertising for the lovely baby room at the council offices, which is sadly underutilized due to lack of Knowledge.
    Oh and pp. I agree about the manager of that baby club

2. The Following User Says Thank You to twotrunks For This Useful Post:

GirlsRock  (02-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twotrunks View Post
    The good thing about the media beat up is it gives us (the local community) more ammunition in the fight to have baby rooms in more places. A drop in feeding room is due in July in the same mall as this pharmacy, hopefully this article will encourage council to actually help fund it
    Plus the article gave free advertising for the lovely baby room at the council offices, which is sadly underutilized due to lack of Knowledge.
    Oh and pp. I agree about the manager of that baby club
    You're right, I always forget about the baby room at the council offices because it is not very well promoted by the council.

I didnt know about the drop in feeding room in the Mall. It is long overdue.

Referring to the manager of the baby club, I actually complained to the store Manager once and was told "oh we all have our bad days" I felt like saying "yeah but not every single solitary day surely".
    Last edited by GirlsRock; 02-06-2012 at 14:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I understand a new mum wanting privacy when you're still learning bf'ing. It can be daunting at the start.

That being said if its a
    Private club its a private club. It's a
    Bit tight-ar$eish to not buy anything in store and expect to use a members facility free of charge.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Sunshinemoonlight  (02-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a member of the baby club and I'm glad to be one! It's the cleanest and most central change room / feeding area in town. There were other feeding rooms closer to where she was, but being from out of town she mustn't have known that.

I think UFS were well within their rights to refuse her entry. It seems she just wanted her face in the paper.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kadorite For This Useful Post:

Sunshinemoonlight  (02-06-2012),VicPark  (02-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree that the pharmacy have every right to refuse her entry unless she has registered for their baby club - it is not their responsibility to provide a private feeding room for all women, it is a service they have chosen to provide for their members. It does highlight the need for more feeding rooms in the area - either the shopping centre the pharmacy is located in, or the council, clearly needs to provide more feeding rooms.

I also find it interesting that the article mentions that she brought 3 friends with her and wanted to have them in the feeding room with her - and a PP mentioned that the rooms are quite tiny. If I had purchased a membership for the pharmacy, and then I couldn't use the feeding room because it was being used by a non-member and a group of her friends, I would probably be annoyed, TBH (I'm a bit embarrased to say that, cos it is a bit b!tchy!)

I also know some people become pregnant & become a Mum & have an instant sense of entitlement - Oh, I'm pregnant, so I should go to the front of the line at the coffee shop, I have a newborn baby so I should be able do whatever I want, wherever I want... it seems a little entitled that she wanted to use the rooms without a membership, AND went on to ring the papers to tell them her sob story.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cinderella82 For This Useful Post:

Ellymoe  (02-06-2012),share a book  (02-06-2012)