+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Rocking chairs

Does anyone ever use these? Was thinking of getting one for nursing but don't know if it was absolutely nescesary. Do people fin they help with settling bubs? Thanx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a glider chair and use it constantly. Not so much for feeding but for settling. We have a dodgy sleeper and many hours are spent in the glider with DS

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kooglekat View Post
    I have a glider chair and use it constantly. Not so much for feeding but for settling. We have a dodgy sleeper and many hours are spent in the glider with DS
    Yep I love my glider chair!

Good for feeding and settling.. and Sometimes I just sit in it because it's so comfortable :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a second hand wooden rocking chair with dd1 5 years ago ($100) used it with dd2 3 years ago, got a 'new' secondhand recliner/rocker with DS 18 month ago (free) and am buying a brand new glider with footstool for baby #4 due in september :-)

I couldn't have survived without them. DS still has a chair in his room for the odd night that he doesn't settle and I spent many, many nights feeding and settling the girls in the chair during the night.

Obviously i think they're great!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I like mine. I don't BF anymore an haven't gotten much use out of it actually. Not to say its not good though!

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I bought a glider chair 5 years ago before dd1 was born and i'm sitting in it right now, it's the best investment I ever made! Was great when I was bf and great for settling and... Well I just never stopped using it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So is it really a need? Or just a want? Was thinking of getting a small cheap armchair if rockers were too expensive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I first got a second hand one to see if I'd use it and always wanted to buy a new one. I decided to get a new one for this bub as I don't need to buy much other stuff as it's bub #4.

you could get a cheap one and if you do find it useful you can always upgrade if you need to?

The one I'm buying new is off eBay. It's only $195 delivered so pretty well priced compared to some of them.