+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Overseas trip whilst pregnant

Hi,

Im booked to go to america for 3 weeks, i will be just over 13 weeks when we fly out. Has anyone else done a long plane flight whilst pregnant? I have read travel insurance will cover you up to 26 weeks, but im just wondering how those who have done it went? Im not worried too much once we get there just the long flight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I flew to Ireland at 24 weeks (and back at 28), it was fine. Obviously uncomfortable but I don't think long-haul flights are comfortable for anyone really! it was definitely worse on the way back coz I was bigger so at 13 weeks should be ok.I asked for an aisle seat and drank loads of water so I was forced to get up to go to the toilet often to keep moving. I also worse compression tights to reduce swelling and risk of DVT (which is higher risk when preg). I also took extra snacks- muesli bars etc for when the meal was something I wasn't sure about (like a cold seafood salad!).It really wasn't much different to other long flights I've done. Have fun!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I flew to the UK at 13 weeks and back at 16 and it was fine.... Just annoying not being able to knock myself out with a couple of wines and some sleeping tablets!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I had a 2 week holiday in New Zealand when I was 18 weeks pregnant with DS and it was a good time to travel as I didn't have a bump yet and was feeling good.

I went to Lord Howe Island for one week at about the same gestation with DD, that was also fine.

At 13 weeks you should be fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    I flew to the UK at 13 weeks and back at 16 and it was fine.... Just annoying not being able to knock myself out with a couple of wines and some sleeping tablets!!!
    Oh, that would be annoying! Long haul flights are the one and only times I take sleeping tablets as I otherwise just cannot sleep on planes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep! went to vegas & L.A at 13 weeks pregnant. no probs here.