+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks do much for your reply amabel.
    I have been talk by lots of people to move and resist the urge to just stay in bed, which is so hard because that's all I really want to do BUT I hadn't heard about it helping everything not stick back together , although I can see the logic in that. Drinking heaps of fluid so no problem there, just not eating much as I don't feel hungry.
    Can you use zoladex when you still want to TTC? As I said I will have to wait for my follow up appointment to know more but I like arming myself with information after having a dodgy FS the first time.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    jez I might be wrong but I don't think you can ttc while on zoladex cos it puts you into menopause, so no cycles and mine was administered by my surgeon, I had to visit his office for my shots. If they have been able to remove most of the endo already, it might not be needed in your case fx.

Amabel thanks, I like my name too hee hee

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck with the recovery, it sounded like quite a traumatic experience but glad to hear the bad bit is out of the way and you can now concentrate on recovery and lots of optimist times ahead

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, im new to here, but i would also like to say i have been ttc for 10 years, i have an 12 yr old daughter, but apparently i have unexplained fertility, over the years i was told nothing is wrong with me, all ultrasounds n test showed up nothing, i went to another gyno and he booked me in for lap,hysterscopy and D&C , after 10 years finally got answers my tubes are clear , but iv had an infection over the years that has inflammed by right tube, also it is stuck to my bowel, they also found slight endo which they removed, im currently 3 days out of my surgery and can say iv never been in so much pain, my stomach looks like its gone couple of rounds with mike tyson its that bruised n swollen .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, it's somewhat comforting to know that I am not alone and that there are people who understand what it's like to have endo/unexplained fertility. I'm booked in for my second lap, hysto & dye tomorrow. Anxious about what they will find, and have that worry if they find nothing or very little, then what?! I just want some answers. My last lap was 13months ago, and I can recall how painful and crappy I felt after, not looking forward to that at all. I wish those of you who have had recent laps a speedy recovery and every success with TTC.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's been 8 days since my lap and I still feel very sore, not the incisions them selves but inside my stomach. Today was my first day without pain killers. One Side hurts the most in a particular area so I'm assuming that's where the largest patch of endo was removed from. Still getting cramps but no bleeding. I'm buggered most of the time as well. I was originally told it was a quick recovery time for a lap but then afterwards my FS (also my surgeon) told DH that he didn't expect it to be so severe or anticipate that my uterus and stomach wall would need to be separated and it turned into a more extensive and complicated operation so now I have no idea what to expecting in terms of recovery timeframe and when I will feel myself again. I don't have my post op follow up until next Wednesday, which is making me fairly anxious as I want to know what our chances, if any, are of conceiving.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah jez im in the same boat, i have to wait till the 7th of august to see my FS , such a long wait very anxious I was also told it was a quick recovery but i havnt been able to go back to work since, let alone barely move of the lounge, i have more movement today then anyother day i worked out if i take little walks around the house it helps, my only pain now is when i stand up or sit down

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my laparoscopy etc on Friday and am slowly recovering. Not as bad as I was the last time I had it done but still taking some time to heal. Surgeon said I had more endo this time. He removed endo from my ovaries and also my bladder. I have my post op follow up apt in 6 weeks time. Fingers crossed it hasn't caused fertility issues and we are able to conceive right away. Wishful thinking anyhow!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by maybee baybee View Post
    I had my laparoscopy etc on Friday and am slowly recovering. Not as bad as I was the last time I had it done but still taking some time to heal. Surgeon said I had more endo this time. He removed endo from my ovaries and also my bladder. I have my post op follow up apt in 6 weeks time. Fingers crossed it hasn't caused fertility issues and we are able to conceive right away. Wishful thinking anyhow!!
    Big hugs to you. Great that it's not as bad as last time. Fingers crossed for good news from your FS. I have my follow up on Wednesday and it can't come quick enough, very anxious to see what he says. I also think my pelvic incision is a little infected, it's red, sore and slightly pussy with part of a stitch sticking out through the skin

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jez View Post
    Big hugs to you. Great that it's not as bad as last time. Fingers crossed for good news from your FS. I have my follow up on Wednesday and it can't come quick enough, very anxious to see what he says. I also think my pelvic incision is a little infected, it's red, sore and slightly pussy with part of a stitch sticking out through the skin
    Good luck for your follow up apt with FS. I hope you get the news you want. Ouch, that doesn't sound good about your incision, maybe you should get it seen to sooner than Wednesday.