+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    How sad! This is why Im so 'uptight' about kids in restraints, and refuse to take my cousins children without boosters (even though they dont use boosters in their car - the kids are 3 and 5!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trishalishous View Post
    How sad! This is why Im so 'uptight' about kids in restraints, and refuse to take my cousins children without boosters (even though they dont use boosters in their car - the kids are 3 and 5!)
    The 5 yo should be in a booster. The 3yo is meant to be in a carseat! I hate seeing kids like this. Just today I saw a kid with no seatbelt on he was probably about 6

Thanks
    Reviews
    There , but for the grace of God, go I.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I agree it's totally not the right time.

There's no point in stating the obvious. It changes nothing. No doubt the mother understands the severity of her stupid decisions and feels like absolute scum already.

Of course she deserves to feel guilty, but she doesn't need others harping on about it making it worse. She needs to pull together and be there for her child now, not sink into a dark hole because she feels so guilty she ends up severely depressed and unable to care for her child who needs her. People should keep their comments to themselves for a while...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

share a book  (02-06-2012)

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lulululu View Post
    The 5 yo should be in a booster. The 3yo is meant to be in a carseat!
    Yup! I asked them to grab our spare seat from mums, and they said "oh thats too much hassle" so I wont have their kids at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    People think I'm obsessed too but you never know what can happen. This was a 5 minute trip home from the corner shop. My brother crashed 500m from his front gate.
    I'm with you. I always remember another horrible news story where the car crashed and the baby "fell out" of the car seat and didn't make it. My dad said to me (he's been a tow truck driver for 37 years so you can imagine what he's seen) your car should be able to barrel roll and your baby shouldn't move. Every time I do up DD belts I think of this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    I agree it's totally not the right time.

There's no point in stating the obvious. It changes nothing. No doubt the mother understands the severity of her stupid decisions and feels like absolute scum already.

Of course she deserves to feel guilty, but she doesn't need others harping on about it making it worse. She needs to pull together and be there for her child now, not sink into a dark hole because she feels so guilty she ends up severely depressed and unable to care for her child who needs her. People should keep their comments to themselves for a while...
    Yep, completely feel the same way. For the rest of her life she will know she caused injuries to her child by making that mistake. He will need a carer for life now because of the brain damage. People stating the obvious is just hurtful, it won't make her stop to think she was in the wrong, she already knows

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BerylsMum View Post
    I hope they get peace. That guilt would just be so awful.

I feel for all of them. What a brave woman to stand up and say...I did the wrong thing and I hope no one else does.
    I totally agree......

She obviously realises her mistake, I don't see why others have to rub it in her face!

Thanks
    Reviews
    that poor family. I hope Mum can work through this. She must feel just awful and those comments would not help at all.

DH's car is a ute and we disagree on whether DS (2 and a half) would be safe in his seat in an accident. I say no because of the airbag. He says he would be fine. Even though it leaves me and DD stranded at home, I always tell him to take the family car if the two of them go somewhere and am extra glad now. But before I show the OP to him as proof, does anyone know if the injuries would have been the same if the child was in a carseat in the front?

waitsee is offline “While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Pp I don't know the model ute but DP's there is a key point inside the glove box, so you are able to turn off the airbag on the passenger side if there is a car seat fitted in the passenger seat, luckily it is a dual cab so the seats are properly fitted in the rear seats only.

Sent from my HTC ChaCha A810b using BubHub