+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Game of Thrones

I know there are threads on the TV show in this area, but I wanted to know, who out of those that have watched the show have read the books. All of the people I know that have watched it havent read the books. I tend to be a bit of a hard a*se when it comes to accurancy.

So, how accurate is the show compared to the books? I have looked up the actors playing the characters and they have it pretty well spot on, but I dont like the thought of watching it and seeing they have wrecked the storyline.

Mind you, the author of the books is one of the writers of the show.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It's pretty good actually one season is one book, so it's not all smashed into a 2 hour movie.

I too pick things apart if they are made from a book, drives DH insane. Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Season 1 is pretty true to the first book but I'd still try and read the books first. There are too many characters that may only have been mentioned in passing in the book, don't even get a mention in the TV series, but are integral to future storylines. It might make keeping the TV series seasons on track difficult in future.

IMO Tyrion is spot on. The actor they have playing him does an excellent job.
    Last edited by TeenyT; 01-06-2012 at 21:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I read the books after watching the first season and thought that the show was amazingly true to the books. Might have seen it a bit differently if I'd read the books first, though. I think the show is amazingly well made. The only thing is that the characters are a lot older in the shows, but of course they'd have to be

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know for Robb Stark the actor playing him is 26, where in the book he is barely a teen. I have read the first 4 books and found and bought the 5th last night. Hearing so many people talking about it has inspired me to read them all again.

One good friend just adores the guy that plays Tyrion, hearing her talk about him ect it sounds like they couldnt have done much better in casting him. I have to be careful when talking to them about it though because I have read the books, have to make sure I dont give away spoilers lol. Which is hard when alot of where it falls in the storyline is jumbled in my head because it has been a while since I read the books.

I have a friend putting all the eps on my external hardrive for me. Be nice when I see her again and get it back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have read all the books and watch the show and I have to say I've very happy with the adaptation. Yes they have aged up the characters. I read an interview with George RR Martin and he said when they were considering the series they had to pick keeping the kids ages down or cutting out the sex. They decided to keep the sex and can't say I'm too dissapointed about tha . There are some differences in story line but I actually enjoy that.

On a whole though, it's very true to the books. As it's been a while since you've read the books I think you would enjoy it all the more.

Have fun

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keerah View Post
    I know for Robb Stark the actor playing him is 26, where in the book he is barely a teen. I have read the first 4 books and found and bought the 5th last night. Hearing so many people talking about it has inspired me to read them all again.

One good friend just adores the guy that plays Tyrion, hearing her talk about him ect it sounds like they couldnt have done much better in casting him. I have to be careful when talking to them about it though because I have read the books, have to make sure I dont give away spoilers lol. Which is hard when alot of where it falls in the storyline is jumbled in my head because it has been a while since I read the books.

I have a friend putting all the eps on my external hardrive for me. Be nice when I see her again and get it back.
    Also Daenerys Targaryen is an young adult, not a little girl.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah that too, though I dont blame them for doing that considering some of the stuff that she goes through in the books, that just would not have gone down well in the TV series.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Why the ... eviezmum?